Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The lion that needed courage

gobigred

I think that is the problem with this team. We got to get out of this mind frame of tear it down and build it back up, this is why we are always come to this issue every year of why we can't win. I think this thing is more mental now then anything else. What we see is a gut check session.

This team is good, probably better then the playoff team we had a couple of years ago. We must remember we lost 70% of the OL from last year and the line is starting to come together. We are now witnessing the the challenge of adversity. Think about it we lead games at halftime and lose between mostly the 3rd and 1st part of the fourth quarter.

I think what ever is going on at half time has to change. Is it the pep talk, the lost of focus. I really don't know. I do believe we have a good team that is going through a gut check. I think only the players can fix it now. Where is the teams heart? That is the question.

One thing I see in players like Keenan McCardell is the demand for the ball in adversity. When the team was down he stepped up. I don't see that in our other veterans. Clinton drops ball on last series of the game. Chirs Cooley not breaking past the 1st down mark and Randell El was not even in the series. When the going get tuff, the tuff get going. were is the courage redskins. If we are lucky to make the playoffs we will not last long with out preserverance.

:dallasuck

this team reminds me of a fake junk yard dog. every game we come out looking tough and huge and mean, we smack the opposition in the mouth. then for some reason, the other team always hits us just once, really hard, and instead of standing up and getting more angry and using that hit to motivate us, we cower down into a little ball and just hope not to get hit again, and we ride that out until the end.

its like we start every game with a huge fire and it goes out around minute 6 of the 3rd quarter. pretty disheartening.

Archived