Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wrote to Gibbs after yesterday's game...

Paleriders

Yeah, right about now I think we should write a letter of thanks and show support to the team.

Reasons being they radically changed up their offense and excelled with a young qb and a lack of "possesion" WR's with little to no O-Line support.

Gibbs, (for what it is worth) sticking this through especially after the after game interviews he has gotten humiliated WORSE then an 0-8 team.

Also, to wish them luck and let them know that regardless of how it seems in the media, the fans in stands, families at homes, in the sportsbars or the soldiers overseas that CHEER onBURGUNDY AND GOLD!

With all the injuries and hard luck that has occured, when it all comes down to it we are behind you guys 110%.

PS Joe, there may be times I may wanna slap ya on the butt or the back of the head... But just know when you're on a knee praying on that field I am down their with ya bro! Our hearts beat with every snap too!

HOOOAH! I'm with you 100%!

Rangers Lead The WAY!

I love the letter idea! Send it! It's not that we're 0-9. I think what folks are reacting to is the way we lose games: 1) They're usually close (and obviously close loses are heart-wrenching); 2) Stupid penalties play a factor; and 3) Poor in-game coaching/decision-making typcially rears its ugly face. To me, all 3 of these points reflect back to Gibbs as the head coach and CEO of this operation.

As a native Washingtonian, I grew up in GREAT adoration of the Redskins and Coach Gibbs. I attended all 3 superbowl parades, attended many games as a youngster, and often adorned myself in all types of Redskins regalia. I am an "extremeskin." However, this is the lowest I've ever felt about the Redskins in my entire life -- largely because of the way we are losing games under the Gibbs II regime.

All of what is currently happening reflects on Coach Gibbs. Thousands upon thousands of Redskin fans can see what the problem is. Hell, at the game Sunday, I predicted the play-calling. We are a blatantly obvious team -- offensively and on defense. Coach Gibbs defended his use of a time out early in the 3rd quarter, but that is, quite frankly, indefensible. That was not a good use of your time out. But, this is synonymous with what we have come to expect from our beloved team these days.

Those of us who are Redskins "lifers" keep waiting for Gibbs to "fix" the problem. We have come to expect a disciplined team who does not make bone-headed penalties. We have come to expect great halftime adjustments. I cannot ever remember a time in the Gibbs I era that a halftime lead was blown. He's not in the H.O.F. for naught. So, when will we see this in the Gibbs II era?

As much as I love Coach Gibbs and the Redskins, I will finally admit that his time has run out. And, I haven't even gotten into his player personnel decisions. That's a whole other story for another thread. Quite often, Joe Gibbs the President has failed Joe Gibbs the coach.

Thus, to the person who started this thread, I commend you for your willingness to vent your frustration to Coach Gibbs and the Redskin organization. Maybe Mr. Snyder will see this thread, among the others, and come to understand just how frustrated the legion of fans are with Coach Gibbs and the organization.

Do you want someone to write you about how you should do your job?

Um... im sure if I was as bad as Gibbs II has been, someone would definitely be telling me how to do my job... or worse, id be looking for a new job.

How many 2nd half collapses has Gibbs had now??? Last time I checked, he lead the ENTIRE NFL since he returned...that isnt a player problem!!!

I think that we need to be honest with ourselves here... We're about to be a .500 team that could be 8-1, or just as easily could be 4-5... that's too inconsistant, and that falls on the coaches. I love Gibbs as much as the biggest diehard fan, but people that are still defending him need to realize that he's the leader of this circus. If we were 5-4 and lost close games that we looked like we were fighting our guts out like he makes it seem in every press confrence, then I'd be okay with that. But were not. Were a team that has proven that we can beat any team in the league, or lose to any team in the league... that's on the coaches, and as the Head Coach, it's on him.

This team is the most dissappointing team I have watched as a Redskin fan. All the peices are there, and we're winning at half time a majority of the time, but we find way to lose rather than win...

Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find new ways to

lose... that's what we are. 9 point lead at home against a division rival at home in the 4th quarter, and we lose. 14 point half time lead against a division rival at home, and we lose. That's not the Joe Gibbs that I remember as a kid. That's a bad coach that if his name were Joe Anything-else we would have run out of town by now. I'm tired of the blown leads, and heartless play from a team that has the talent to win. If Joe Gibbs is the face of this franchise, and this is how we play in his image, then we need to find a new coach....

Good for you orginal poster. I wish I had sent a letter begging for the Hellfire and Brimstone Gibbs... As far as the blind followers, let them feel good about thier loyalty as we slip further and further away form the play offs, and futher and futher away form fixing the problems....

My letter was negative. It was actually complimentary. The purpose of the letter was to remind him of his own greatness and assess the differences now vs. his first coaching go round. I find it amusing that people assume I was negative. It pointed his wonderful leadership and obvious ability to lead men in competitive arenas - both the NFL and NASCAR.

Someone asked why I like to get a letter like that about my job? Yes, I would. It would point out my abilities and why I have been asked to manage over 250 folks across this great nation of ours. It would simply remind me of talent and why I was put there to begin with. Again, not negative but certainly an assertive reminder of the expectations and the necessity to assess why something is broken.

Please don't assume it was nasty or mean spirited. It wasn't. Like most of you I livein the bull ring and am not innoculated by the dark around the cheapseats. To that end, I don't believe in kicking men of respect in the face during hard times.

Hail.

I hope he has better things to do with his time this week than to read 'fan mail'. Perhaps watching tape of the cowpukes for a gameplan....but hey, that's just me.

The coaching staff has probably watched more hours of film just this season, than I've watched movies on DVD in a decade. Heck, isn't Gibbs one of the first, if not the first, coaches that started sleeping on the couch at the office? It's not like he's not trying. And sometimes doing the same thing over and over leads to the same problems. I'm not saying they shouldn't be watching film, but perhaps if Palerider's letter provides some inspiration to Gibbs, and thusly to the team, what's the harm in that?

And honestly, as much as Gibbs was run over the coals by the media the other day, a nice, kind word of encouragement from a fan could be just the right thing to *remind* Gibbs why he came back into this job in the first place. Some of us wouldn't see it this way, but Gibbs probably wants to win more than 99.9% of us fans even do.

Since PR said he's had letters answered before, one could guess those letters have contained at least a minimum amount of praise/flattery/constructive criticism. Otherwise, those letters would've hit the trash as some posters are assuming this letter will.

wow. i think that is very disrespectful. i agree that this coaching staff looks lost and not confident at all, which has to have an effect on the players. but come on dude. these people are probably sleeping at redskin park all week. if they knew what was wrong or different dont you think they would have corrected it by now.

you would hope they would have but they havent obviously. i dont kno what the **** joe bugel does all week with the line. they were ok last week. but for the last 8 weeks they havent improved much. i dont see why if they are practicing why no improvement. its just technique and blocking. give campbell time. and campbells QB coach. god damn him man. i can think of 3 little ass flaws that this man keeps doing that gives up the play. his baby step backs on only screens, his staring at his wideout after looking where the linebackers are.. and still looking at him.. and one more but cant think of it i kno i said 3. ****ing coaching is horrible. and i dont know why gibbs will not see it. giants game broke my heart. greenbay pissed me off, and pats game made me hope it would wake gibbs up. but it didnt. we ****ing lost to philly. jason campbell has to man up too. mother****er looks like a 12 year old playing. he doesnt call audibles, or looks like hes actaully running his offense.

my 2cents.

Archived