Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Press Conference: Was he testy?

DixieFlatline

So lets see...can we put to bed the Gibbs' is responsible for the conservative play in the red zone crap now? As he said Sunders calls the plays..and he gives his opinion sometimes. There ya go..Saunders is calling the plays.

If Gibbs says to Saunders "I think we should do xxxx here" do you really think Saunders is gonna refuse and call what he wants anyway???

If Gibbs says to Saunders "I think we should do xxxx here" do you really think Saunders is gonna refuse and call what he wants anyway???

If its a good relationship, I'm sure Saunders will disagree and tell him what he think will work best. I don't think Gibbs is one to believe he's always right and wouldn't dictate something without hearing other points of view. But after listening to the press conference, Gibbs isn't talking to him on a play by play basis. They consult on strategy when the offense isn't on the field or at timeouts.

If its a good relationship, I'm sure Saunders will disagree and tell him what he think will work best. I don't think Gibbs is one to believe he's always right and wouldn't dictate something without hearing other points of view. But after listening to the press conference, Gibbs isn't talking to him on a play by play basis. They consult on strategy when the offense isn't on the field or at timeouts.

Is it a good relationship right now though?? That is the question......Saunders came over and from everything we've heard hasn't been able to run the offense up to this point as he deems fit and watch KC offenses from when Saunders was there and the offense here is vastly different. Its evident to me that Gibbs has a formula in mind and because of that Saunders is strapped at times with his playcalling. Why Gibbs brought him here in the first place is beyond me simply because he hasn't given Saunders full control of the offense......I for one wanna see an uninterfered with Saunders offense and see what we can do.

Is it a good relationship right now though?? That is the question......Saunders came over and from everything we've heard hasn't been able to run the offense up to this point as he deems fit and watch KC offenses from when Saunders was there and the offense here is vastly different. Its evident to me that Gibbs has a formula in mind and because of that Saunders is strapped at times with his playcalling. Why Gibbs brought him here in the first place is beyond me simply because he hasn't given Saunders full control of the offense......I for one wanna see an uninterfered with Saunders offense and see what we can do.

Have you read the article discussed in this thread?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220049

gee, i wonder why gibbs agrees with all the calls 'saunders' made. he neutered saunders after the first half of the year last year and now saunders knows exactly what gibbs wants called. so yeh, saunders is using his own plays and announcing the plays from the booth, but gibbs has probably taught saunders his philosophy and how to 'execute' it.

i find it hard to believe that the games are going the way saunders, and only saunders, would call them. go back and look at his past years with st. louis and KC. this is just ridiculous now.

Wait a minute, he never called the plays in St. Louis, Mike Martz did. I don't understand why people keep going back to Saunders days there, I think he was qb coach.

Archived