Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm in favor of "the cushion"...

PierceType

You may have noticed watching the 'Skins play that they like to give opposing receivers 10 to 15 yard cushions off the line. This is most evident as in yesterday's game when the Jets were out of field goal range and looking at a crucial 3rd and 3.

We played 10 yards off their outside receiver. He ran 3 yards, turned around and caught the first down unchallenged.

Some fans may get upset at this, but personally, I like it and hope that it remains part of the defensive scheme.

Go Cowboys!

You may have noticed watching the 'Skins play that they like to give opposing receivers 10 to 15 yard cushions off the line. This is most evident as in yesterday's game when the Jets were out of field goal range and looking at a crucial 3rd and 3.

We played 10 yards off their outside receiver. He ran 3 yards, turned around and caught the first down unchallenged.

Some fans may get upset at this, but personally, I like it and hope that it remains part of the defensive scheme.

Go Cowboys!

:nono::banhim: :yes: - So he can go back to his own kind...bottom feeders.............:dallasuck

sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet

Haaa haaa.

Mother freak the cow'beaches'.

But that 10 yard cushion is idiotic on a 3rd and 3. Not only is that stupid but Springs was actually backpedalling on a few 3rd and short pass plays. I was screaming at the top of my lungs at the TV.

:dallasuck

Yep, this thread was a JOKE son. The cushion is idiotic. I said "Go Cowboys!" because they are sure to benefit greatly from our lovely cushion.

Bad joke, but good point. Owens will eat that up all day if we give him that kind of room. Whoever covers him needs to jam him hard.

Bad joke, but good point. Owens will eat that up all day if we give him that kind of room. Whoever covers him needs to jam him hard.

Yep. Even I could eat it up if you gave me that kind of room. And believe me when I tell you that I'm no athlete. ;)

I noticed that on that play and had the exact same thought. That is a simple thing that could be changed week to week... but for some reason, like the screen pass, it doesn't go away.

Archived