Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Gibbs officially lost his magnificent touch?

FanSinceSonnyJ

i believe its a combination of our o line and our inexperienced qb which can only get better over time.

That's one reason I'm discouraged. It's been 3.5 years and we're still not sure if we got the right QB and have zero depth on the offensive side of the ball outside of Cooley and maybe Moss. Gibbs was an offensive genious under his first term who could plug and play players if someone was injured and still keep winning because he adjusted his playbook to accomodate the 11 on the field. One reason we won our first Super Bowl was because he took a group of strike replacement players and won 3 games with them to keep us atop the NFC East. Now our playbook is so predictable that we are one of the easiest teams to defend against.

i believe its a combination of our o line and our inexperienced qb which can only get better over time.

That's one reason I'm discouraged. It's been 3.5 years and we're still not sure if we got the right QB and have zero depth on the offensive side of the ball outside of Cooley and maybe Moss. Gibbs was an offensive genious under his first term who could plug and play players if someone was injured and still keep winning because he adjusted his playbook to accomodate the 11 on the field. One reason we won our first Super Bowl was because he took a group of strike replacement players and won 3 games with them to keep us atop the NFC East. Now our playbook is so predictable that we are one of the easiest teams to defend against.

Gibbs has done wonderful things for this organization and no one can take that away from him or his legacy while he has been with the Redskins but sometimes you need to move on & I think that's the case in this situation. The reason being, A head coach should not spend a majority of his time looking at the ground or sitting on the sideline with his head in between his legs at pivotal moments during Redskin games. What kind of example is that showing to not only your players but to your fans? He seems to have no confidence in his players abilities and that is obviously a serious issue & needs to be addressed. I don't believe he should be fired but its apparent to me by his reactions on the sidelines -- hes not the man for the job.

Gibbs has done wonderful things for this organization and no one can take that away from him or his legacy while he has been with the Redskins but sometimes you need to move on & I think that's the case in this situation. The reason being, A head coach should not spend a majority of his time looking at the ground or sitting on the sideline with his head in between his legs at pivotal moments during Redskin games. What kind of example is that showing to not only your players but to your fans? He seems to have no confidence in his players abilities and that is obviously a serious issue & needs to be addressed. I don't believe he should be fired but its apparent to me by his reactions on the sidelines -- hes not the man for the job.

i dont think he's lost his touch I think he's lost his era. This isnt the 80's the game has changed and you have to change with it to stay up on things. He just hasn't rolled with the times. And looking back he wasn't conservative like this we had one of the most prolific offenses ever when we beat Denver and Buffalo in the Super Bowl. He left out that part and went back to the times of Riggins and the hogs. Unfortunately our o line is hurt and Portis isn't the same style as Riggins. We need to use what we got not step back in time with things we don't have. Other teams know whats coming it's rediculous. Its like a couple of years ago when a Packers player said he knew exactly what was coming. Mix it up Joe. We want you to succeed.

i dont think he's lost his touch I think he's lost his era. This isnt the 80's the game has changed and you have to change with it to stay up on things. He just hasn't rolled with the times. And looking back he wasn't conservative like this we had one of the most prolific offenses ever when we beat Denver and Buffalo in the Super Bowl. He left out that part and went back to the times of Riggins and the hogs. Unfortunately our o line is hurt and Portis isn't the same style as Riggins. We need to use what we got not step back in time with things we don't have. Other teams know whats coming it's rediculous. Its like a couple of years ago when a Packers player said he knew exactly what was coming. Mix it up Joe. We want you to succeed.

I do think he doesn't have enough talented players to get the job done. No depth at OL, no sturdy go to WR, a QB who looks only average, a DL that looks only average. All the money and wasted draft picks we've spent on guys like Duckett, Lloyd, Archeletta and after 3.5 years we're still treading water...

I do think he doesn't have enough talented players to get the job done. No depth at OL, no sturdy go to WR, a QB who looks only average, a DL that looks only average. All the money and wasted draft picks we've spent on guys like Duckett, Lloyd, Archeletta and after 3.5 years we're still treading water...

Archived