Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A deep Breath and a look back

Burgold

http://journals.aol.com/dcsportsguy/mrirrelevant/entries/2005/09/20/skins-beat-dallas/2013

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

8:57:00 AM EDT

Hearing the morning after Skins Beat Dallas!

I've been a Redskins fan all my life, and this improbable and miraculous victory is their greatest (and my favorite) since Super Bowl XXVI. I know it's only Week 2 and I'm writing this on very little sleep, and I realize Washington had yet to score a TD through their first seven quarters of football this season. But all that changed with two majestic Brunell-to-Moss beauties within moments of one another to reverse a 13-0 tide and rip a 14-13 miracle deep out of the heart of Texas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want Moss to take a look this week at some of his game tape from 2005. I still believe in him and his potential. The guy just needs to regain his confidence, concentration and somehow put aside everything else. He is a very, very good player. He needs to remember that.

I think he's too focused on how he's not physically perfect and his brain just isn't totally in the moment. I think that's causing him to be just a hair off. In 2005, there wasn't a better receiver, not a long balls, not at short balls with YAC.

That Dallas game will live in our memories again. Santana can be that guy again.

Archived