Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Up Is Down....

LoyalSkinsFan

I think we need consecutive wins against good offenses. I saw the initialy reaction to our victory over the Lions and it was mostly stuff like "Lions laid an egg" and pretty much gave us no credit for their lack of production. Frankly, if we shutdown the Packers passing attack then the ESPN Cowgirls analysts will have not choice but to give us our props and place us among the contenders.

The GB game will indeed be a good barometer or what kind of team we've got here. If we win, it'd be hard to NOT take us seriously. And, given Gibbs' record in the second half of seasons I'd like our chances. I get tingly just thinking about it.

If we lose in GB, provided we lose respectfully, then I can live with it. Not happy, but I'll be able to live with it. It's hard to lose games and gain respect. Much better to just win them.

If we lose badly, then I'd say there'll be a good amount of soul-searching at Redskin Park next week and there will be a fair amount of screaming on the ES boards. The up and down thing gets old after fifteen years. What we need is consistency and wins. Consistency almost more than wins. For now....

HTTR

Just some numbers without reference to the schedule.

Rule one - (to paraphrase Joe):

The season is broken into quarters

Rule two -

Do not lose any quarter season - no 1-3 or 0-4

Rule three -

You need to win three quarter season for a good chance for the playoffs (paloffs) 10-6

We have won our first quarter season. Although at the begining of the season, I thought 5-3 at the mid-way point of the season would be d@mn good, this next quarter season would be a good time to shoot for the second winning one.

However, one play at a time, one game at a time and the quarter seasons will come.

:helmet: The Rook

However, one play at a time, one game at a time and the quarter seasons will come.

This is precisely how I feel. I'm on the brink of getting uber-excited but am tempering my excitement with realistic humbleisms.........

Beyond that, I'm enjoying my new job as a maker-upper of new words. :laugh:

Sheesh. Is it happy hour yet?

HTTR

Brady is better fantasy QB for me this year than he was last year so far.

Other than that, people doubted me when I drafted Edge for RB but I rambled on about how Russ Grimm would make it work in Arizona. So far, he's been solid.

My favorite fantasy moment so far would have to be last week, my oponent saw that I was using our own Washington Defense and so he picked up Detroit. :laugh: 24-2 right there and I ended up winning 98-57.

Either way a win @ Green Bay and I think the Skins will start to be taken seriously as a force in the NFC this season. :cool:

I have to agree with that post. I don't see why we can't hang with them but I'm tempering my enthusiasm w/doses of reality so I'm not crushed like I was when we gift-wrapped that win for the Giants 3 weeks back. Still, I do like how this team is coming together. Let's win in Lambeau people!

Why are we just giving NE that game? They've got the bullseye on their backs and our Skins have things to prove. I know we'll be focused for that game, but will they? Other than one bad half against those Gnats weve played well pretty much every game. So why not the Skins baby!!

As for these Packers this week...All they have going for them is that they are at home in Lambeau. Remember these guys were horrible last year. If they can block our D-line they have a chance, cause you know what Farve does under pressure; throw the ball anywhere and everywhere. Bottom-line is; I think they're overrated!!

:cheers:

Archived