Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Are FA Guards Out There?

method man

Do you guys have a list of guards who are not on a team for one reason or another? The only two I can name are Zach Piller and Will Shields...arrgggghhh...why did we not pick up on the waiver claim for Kevin Boothe???

I think the probable thing is we are going to add that new guy we signed to our practice squad to the active roster.

What happened to Will Whittaker?

High ankle sprain in the beginning of August, and released. Up to that point he appeared to be solid filling in for Thomas during OTA's.

If he wasn't signed by another team maybe they'll can a receiver and bring him back?

I doubt he is coming back though, unfortunately. We brought in a bunch of OL to workout last week and Whitticker wasn't one of them.

Here's my list of those available. I like Keydrick Vincent or Zach Pillar best. I doubt if our Kili Lefotu is ready yet and Justin Geisinger was just signed last week, although he should be a nice road grader with a 600 lb. bench press to his credit.

G - Keydrick Vincent - 29+

G - Ike Ndukwe ----- On Ravens practice squad - Very little experience, but Bugel described him as a “mauler” last year.

G - Fred Matua ----- No experience. Skins worked out on 9/11, but signed G-C Justin Geisinger

G - Zach Pillar - 31+ ----- Skins brought in for tryout on 3/21 of preseason - he signed with Detroit and NYG and was then cut.

G - Rick DeMulling - 29+ - Used to protect Peyton Manning

G - Adam Timmerman - 36 - Does he have any gas left in the tank?

G - Cosey Coleman - 29

G - Jeno James 30

G - Toniu Fonoti - 26 - doubtful, as he is represented by the Postons

G - Will Whitticker - 25 - Redskin early cut with high ankle sprain - I don't think he was tough enough for Bugel.

G - Zach Wiegert - 35 - Does he have any gas left in the tank?

G - Taylor Whitley - 27 - Made it until Redskin final cut

Archived