Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parcells coaching staff

jimster

I thought assistant coaches weren't allowed latteral moves?

Regardless, joining Parcells staff is a great move for a coordinator. When Parcells retires in two or three years, Jones will probably hire a new head coach from within ala Campo.

Originally posted by bulldog

remember that Sean Payton was relieved of playcalling responsibilities this season by coach Jim Fassel and that coincided with the improvement of the Giants offense and of Kerry Collins in particular.

so I don't know how much of an asset Payton is :)

I was thinking the same thing until i read that the Giants had finished in the top 10 Offences every season for the past 4 years, when he was calling plays, its only this season it started to fall apart.

Actually, it's not a lateral move exactly. According to what I have read Payton will have the title of offensive coordinator and assistant headcoach.

By giving him the assistant headcoach title the Cowboys were able to sign him to their staff without having to give up any compensation.

Is there a limit to the amount of "assistant head coaches" a team can have?

It seems to me that this rule is rife for mischief. What would prevent us from offering the top offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, QB coach, WR coach, etc. in the NFL from jumping ship, joining our staff, if we declare that they're ALSO "assistant head coaches"?

Archived