Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know who our perfect second/third round pick is

DC_Clone

Todd Wike (G/C) - University of Maryland

I'm not saying this just because I am a Terps fan although that has alot to do with it :cool:

He is just what the Skins need. Last year he was First Team All ACC at guard and with Melvin Fowler graduating he wasmoved to Center for this season where he was also First Team All ACC. That's exactly what we need. A versatile lineman. He would also be a great addition because he is just what the Skins need mentally. He is a smart player. Not physically imposing yet somehow dominates his man no matter who it is (and he has faced some good ones in the ACC; Ryan Sims, Darnell Dockett, etc.). He never makes mental errors, EVER. You couldprobably count the number of times he was penalized this season on one hand.

I believe Kiper has him rated pretty high.

Now come on, a smart, polished, experienced lineman who has dominated at a high level at both interior line spots?? Sounds like just what the Redskins need right now.

PS. We also need Maryland's punter Brooks Barnard really bad!!

I'll go along with Barnard Brooks in the 7th round. And by the way, his name aint Brooks Barnard. ;) Hey Clone, you aint one of them weird-do Raelian guys are ya, who claim on their website that Jesus was resurrected through cloning? :laugh: Mardi gras [gras: < at least he has a sense of humor] our Extremeskin resident pastor will love to hear that. :rolleyes: I heard Mardi is now in seclusion in the Himalayas in Outer Mongolia. :laugh:

I better be careful, otherwise Zeus might zap me in the @ss with a friggin lightning bolt. :laugh:

No way Todd Wike is a 2nd round pick though. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. There is plenty of depth at DE and DT this year, although I doubt we will use both #1 and #2 picks on defense, with SS having a fire up his @ss to upgrade the offense. :laugh:

A super prospect for FS is Rashean Mathis of Bethune-Cookman who has 4.42 speed, and had 31 INTS and a 17.1 punt return average! He will probably go in the 1st round though, and that is too high for us to draft him, unless we trade down in the 1st for extra picks. He would be a great 2nd round pick for us, although I would prefer that we draft either DE, DT at 1 and 2 or DT, DE. :)

I'm assuming or counting on us signing G's Mo Collins or Randy Thomas in free agency, and resigning Tre Johnson of course. :)

P.S. I had to add some color to my post, because Om only reads "colorful" posts. :laugh:

Inmate,

Maybe I'm just not getting a joke, but DC_Clone was correct... his name is Brooks Barnard. Moreover, Wike is an offensive lineman not a defensive lineman, so I'm not sure I get your point about not drafting defense two rounds in a row. However, I do agree with Inmate that he probably can be had with much less than a 2nd rounder. I would not be unhappy taking him with our third rounder (I, too, am a huge Terps fan). Another Terp we could probably get on the second day is Durrand Roundtree. He's slightly undersized as a DE, but he has a big frame to put on some weight and he is extremely strong (winner of the Iron Terp). He wouldn't be a bad fourth round pick if available.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Wike was drafted on day one. In fact, I'd fall over laughing -- unless, of course, it was the Skins drafting him. This guy is a late-round project, not a candidate for our first, second, or third round pick.

Late round project?? He was First Team All American by ESPN numbnuts.

Mel Kipers top 5 by position as of today:

Center

1. Al Johnson, Wisconsin

2. Todd Wike, Maryland

3. Bruce Nelson, Iowa

4. Brett Romberg, Miami

5. Alonzo Ephraim, Alabama

Punter

1. Brooks Barnard, Maryland

2. Glenn Pakulak, Kentucky

3. Andy Groom, Ohio State

4. Damon Duval, Auburn

5. Mark Mariscal, Colorado

Have any more rediculously stupid comments to add?

Wike will be gone on the first day. There is no way he makes it out of the third round.

How the hell is the second rated center in the draft considered a "late round project"? He's rated ahead of first team AA Nelson from Iowa AND Brett Romberg.

Damn you're stupid!

Drooling over the matchup problems that Johnson could give teams. Do you cover the WR's with CB's and let a 6'6" fast TE/WR get covered by a WLB?

Johnson could be the saftey valve for Ramsey. Allowing the Skins to pass less to the RB's (and perhaps keep Ramsey better protected) and run more deep patterns with the WR's.

:shootinth

God help us if we draft Todd Wike in the second round.

There is a slim chance we could have Manuwai or Steinbach there, if not our pick of remaining OL (the ND C might be gone).

While Wike might be listed as the second best C, Al Johnson isn't expected to go until at least the mid/late second.

I would have to favor the Teyo Johnson argument. Safety valve... and he could project to WR, seeing as we already have 3 TE's on the team. In my last MOCK (MOCK MOCK MOCK) I have us getting Teyo in the second. Hoping that we draft DL in the first or trade down for DL/OG (pick of the litter). I have a scary feeling PHI might try to pick Johnson up at the end of round one... if they don't grab a MLB.

Archived