Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Whitlock's 10 Truths

EersSkins05

I am one of the very few who actually likes Whitlock's Truths, but my GOD did he miss this one:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7196326?MSNHPHMA

10. The Saints are my Super Bowl pick

Yep, I spent all last year trashing the New Orleans Saints. I thought they were overhyped because of their return to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans. I wasn't sold on Drew Brees recovering from the shoulder injury that ended his San Diego career.

Well, I love the Saints this year. I love Brees. I love Deuce and Reggie. I like their receiving corps, even though they let go of Joe Horn prematurely. I love their defensive ends, Will Smith and Charles Grant. And I like their secondary.

More than anything else, I like the Saints' underrated offensive line. The unit is aggressive and physical. Jammal, Jamar, Jeff, Jahri and Jon — the J-5's last names are Brown, Nesbit, Faine, Evans and Stinchcomb — will put Deuce and Reggie in this season's Pro Bowl.

The J-5 will destroy the Colts tonight. I'm getting out front on the New Orleans bandwagon. After tonight, everyone will love the Saints. I don't expect them to have any problems getting the best of the defending Super Bowl champions inside the RCA Dome. Indy's defense simply isn't ready for New Orleans' offense. Remember, it took Tony Dungy all regular season to get his defense to play at a respectable level last year. No way are the Colts ready for Brees and Co., in Week 1. Plus, I don't like rookie left tackle Tony Ugoh — Tarik Glenn's replacement — in a debut against New Orleans' defensive ends. Peyton Manning is going to be hearing footsteps all night.

(follow link for the rest)

LOL!

Poor Whitlock... I wonder how he'll spin this one.

Particularly after the one after that:

It's simply going to take some time for the Colts to replace all the talent they lost during the off-season — Glenn, Mike Doss, Cato June, Jason David, Nick Harper, Dominic Rhodes, etc. A year ago, the Colts started 9-0, faded and then rebounded in January. This season, the Colts start cold, finish the season with five or six losses and warm up in December.

Yeah, those Colts did struggle out there, didn't they? :silly:

Jason

Whitlock constantly pulls the race card which is why ive lost respect for him. I heard him on Sports Reporters one day turning a simple subject (can't remeber what it was off the top of my head) into basically a racial argument. Before that i really liked the guy even since that ive heard him pull the race card several times

Archived