Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Lewis goes to Cincy...

SonnyJ

who on the current staff goes with him?

Edwards appears likely to be tapped as the DC here. Maybe Hunley goes to Cincy as DC (though, that is kind of like Hue Jackson becoming OC here - we know where the power on that side of the ball resides)? Does Catalvos leave?

What about on the offensive side? I tend to doubt that Lewis will want to run a Spurrier offense in Cincy - I'm guessing he's more of a ball-control kind of guy. Maybe Jackson gets to be a REAL OC in Cincy? Or, was anointing Jackson OC here a pre-emptive strike against Lewis taking Jackson with him?

It seems that Hunley is the most likely candidate on the Redskins staff to join Lewis. I'd hate to lose him, but there's probably not much that can be done about it.:(

but then again LaVar voiced the opinion in December of 2001 that Marty should be retained as head coach :)

just goes to show that because you are a high profile player you don't necessarily have much push when it comes to personnel or coaching decisions......................

This situation is definately ponderous. Do we want Lewis to leave, to have a guy that should be here a while as a DC, and let the Defense run the same system for a few years? OR, do we want Lewis to stay for another year, to go through it next year, when the cadidates that we have now might not be available??

If he stays or goes, I wish he'd make up his mind quickly. Some good coordinators will be off the market if he waits until the 11th hour.

If he goes, I hope we take Dave Campo to replace him. He wasn't a great head coach, but was a good coordinator in Dallas-- and he knows that team as well as anyone, its strengths and weaknesses.

Originally posted by rv581

If he goes, I hope we take Dave Campo to replace him. He wasn't a great head coach, but was a good coordinator in Dallas-- and he knows that team as well as anyone, its strengths and weaknesses.

No thank you. Campo loves running standard cover-2 defenses that play a lot of zone and rarely blitz. That doesn't fit our personnel.

Archived