Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Perfect Draft

The Sir

Perfect draft for the Skins?

Repeat what Beathard did in 1981 :)

He drafted Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, Darryl Grant and Clint Didier and was able to sign Joe Jacoby as an undrafted free agent :D

That's called doing your homework............................

The #13 pick is worth a fair amount, I believe, but it has to be done at the last minute as teams move up for specific players at that point.

If moving down twice from #17 last year nets us two third rounders and some change, I think moving down into the late twenties is worth at least a second rounder or a third, fifth and future considerations.

I'm probably o.k. with moving entirely out of the first round if we could end up with three second round picks and some change. There's plenty of talent in this draft at positions where we need help.

atlhawksfan -

To me that would be a perfect 3 round draft. I like all three picks in all three rounds. Now if we could extend that through 7 rounds then it would be a perfect draft. If we got all three of those players on the first day, I'd be :jerkoff: till the next day.

it's funny but during the 1982 season the selection of Vernon Dean who had an excellent rookie year at CB, looked like an absolute steal.

then he came back in 1983 and was exposed. poorest sophomore season I have seen for a pick in recent Redskins history.

I'm probably o.k. with moving entirely out of the first round if we could end up with three second round picks and some change. There's plenty of talent in this draft at positions where we need help.

If we could find a way to swap the #13 pick for two second rounders, I'd be all for it -- but are there any teams with two second rounders who might bite?

If not, we'd have to wheel-and-deal like last year. Risky strategy.

I think we should play it safe -- take the best player available in the first, and draft for need in the second (OG).

I haven't looked at the crop this year, but you can almost always get a starting quality OG in the 3rd or 4th rounds if you do your homework. From where I sit, your safeties are down right HORRIBLE, and Darrel Green retired. I'd look for secondary help or a RB in the second round (if they would draft DLine in the first)

Eagles vs. Raiders Redux? :)

If the Eagles get to the Super Bowl, I sure hope Andy Reid gives them some time off during SB week to smell the roses and relax.

Dick Vermeil had the Eagles tied up in their hotel rooms with early bedchecks and extra security and the team came out on Sunday as flat as a tortilla and got roasted 27-10

And man, it wasn't that close either :)

That draft, (Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, Darryl Grant, Charley Brown and Clint Didier with Joe Jacoby as an undrafted free agent) was selected as one of the top ten all time drafts by one of those preseason mags back somewhere in the beginning of Norv's tenure.

I've got the magazine stashed somewhere. It wasn't tops, but it was rated in the middle of the top ten. I think the Pittsburgh draft in the early 70's with stallworth, swann and co. was rated #1.

Oh, Please note the positions taken in that draft. ;) Looks kind of like what would fit perfectly right now.

------

As for the worth of the 13 pick, if you trade down to the low 20's to 32 range, I'd hope you could get a #2 and a #3 by working two trade downs just like last year. Of course last year they recieved two #3's, and with all the moving around, off the top of my head I don't remember if there was anything else. Moved down in the 5th to get loverne and a 5th, moved down in the 2cd for what?

Originally posted by MRMADD

If we could find a way to swap the #13 pick for two second rounders, I'd be all for it -- but are there any teams with two second rounders who might bite?

If not, we'd have to wheel-and-deal like last year. Risky strategy.

I think we should play it safe -- take the best player available in the first, and draft for need in the second (OG).

OAK? They might give up a first and a second in order to draft a WR, DT, or other need position. They seem to be the only team with the picks to swing a deal that really helps us.

I am all for getting more picks, as long as we scout well...

Archived