Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which DeWayne will it be?

Nighthawk

If the Redskins stick at 13 and don't trade down, then their pick has to be one of the two DeWayne's. Which one will it be?

DE DeWayne White - Louisville - 6-3, 273, 4.68

Former running back. Beefed up and was moved to end freshman year and registered 12 sacks. On his way to becoming Louisville's all-time sack leader. Extremely quick, and is also a very effective run stuffer. If he comes out early, he'll likely be a first round pick.

OR

DT DeWayne Robertson - Kentucky - 6-3, 315, 5.02

Analysis: Big big body, will be a hole plugger in the NFL. Moves very well for a man his size, and should be a solid first round draft choice. Won't be a sack artist in the NFL, but he'll get his share. Great run stuffer, he'll take on a double team and free up others to make a play.

I don't think they can go wrong with either one.

I recently watched the LSU/Kentucky game on ESPN Classic. I paid close attention to Robertson and came away impressed. Although short, he has a non stop motor and seemed to be always around the ball. I'd be thrilled to see him there at #13, yet I might also think trading down and picking up a couple of additional picks and taking Manning from Oregon St. might be an option as well.

Its DeWayne White, hes the best Dlineman in the draft. He'd be the perfect fit. Hes got a really good pass rush and can stop the run. Our Dline would be so good with him. We could have 5 down lineman sometimes, Move Wynn and White inside, Gardener lined up across from center. and Have Jackson and Smith at the ends. Plus we'd still have Carl Powell, another guy to throw around. I really though Powell came around late in the season. This is all assuming we bring smith back, resign gardener and powell. White is the best pick and I think we could trade down to get him and pick up a 3rd rounder in doing so

Archived