Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

can Atlanta beat Philly?

I hear all this talk about the Atlanta O vs. the Philly D, but what about Atlanta's D? What makes you think the Iggles can put up a bunch of points against it? McNabb coming back is a crap shoot, and those other 2 QBs aren't exactly awe-inspiring. The Falcon's D is pretty damn good. If you take out that ridiculous game against Philly where they gave up 650 yards, that is :D. Anyways, my money is on Vick the Boy Wonder.

I got every single game right this past weekend (courtesy of those crazy comebacks), and I'm confident in the upset this weekend.

StinkNugget raises a good point about this being a night game and thus allowing more time for the Eagle faithful to liquor up. Maybe if we have concern for public safety, we should hope for a Philly victory. If the Birds lose this one, things may get rather ugly at the Vet.

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

I hear all this talk about the Atlanta O vs. the Philly D, but what about Atlanta's D? What makes you think the Iggles can put up a bunch of points against it? McNabb coming back is a crap shoot, and those other 2 QBs aren't exactly awe-inspiring. The Falcon's D is pretty damn good. If you take out that ridiculous game against Philly where they gave up 650 yards, that is :D. Anyways, my money is on Vick the Boy Wonder.

I got every single game right this past weekend (courtesy of those crazy comebacks), and I'm confident in the upset this weekend.

First, Kilmer, yes the Eagles do blitz, but it has not been nearly as much this year as its been in the past. Johnson, especially the second hallf of the year hardly blitzed actually. The Eagles lead the league in sacks, but how many are from LBs etc? Douglas has 12.5, Simon has 5? Walker has 7 or 8, Whiting has 6, Kalu has 8. Thats quality d-line play not blitzing.

Second, TCO I also picked every game correctly, and I'm confident the Eagles will win this :silly: Your made reference to ATL's D being pretty damn good- well here are some statistics. Atlanta's last 5 games, they have given up the following points (not counting GB).

24 to CLE

15 to DET

30 to SEA

34 to TB

30 to MINN

This pretty damn good defense ranked 19th in the league overal in YPG, 23rd in the league in rush yards allowed per game, 28th in the league in YPC, and 16th in yards per game given up through the air.

If McNabb isn't that rusty, and I know thats a big if, Vick may need to make some great plays offensively to keep ATL in this game.

Atlanta needs to win the turnover battle and pound Philly with Duckett, Dunn will not be productive against the Eagles. But they can win, anytime you have a game changer like Vick you can win, but I wouldn't count on it.

I expect Philly is going to try an flush Vick to the right side of the field with blitzes off the left corner, Atlanta should pound Duckett off the left side all day.

Archived