Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Corey Williams DE/DT??

AFskinsfan

Just read a little about this guy. He is a 4th year vet in a contract year who plays for the Packers. He is a DT but can also play DE. Versitility sounds like a bonus to me. The Packers look as if they may be shopping him. I really don't know too much about his production, but "preliminary reports" look promising.

I would say this is the type of guy we may be looking for, young, versitile and hungry! What do you guys think? Hopefully someone knows a little more about this player and can enlighten us on if he may be worth a look.

I tried doing a search and looked through the forum, didn't see anything on him. If I missed it I apologize in advance.

heres the link:

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070821/PKR01/708210489/1989

He is going to want to be paid for his versatility which we are not interested in doing right now.

We may not be interested in doing it now, but he still has a year left on his contract. We pay him for his versitility after the season is over and he's prooved it. But more importantly after we've extended Cooley.

Remember, Daniels is getting older and so is Salevea. I love both of them, but they may have AT THE MOST 2 good years left in them.

Just pulled some info on him, Dude had 7 sacks last year and 2 passes deflected and he didn't even start the whole year. More sacks/production than any of our D linemen last year. I still think he's worth a look at least for depth.

2006 Green Bay Packers 16 11 262087.0--2----0.0--------2005 Green Bay Packers 12 0 171392.0--0----0.0--------2004 Green Bay Packers 12 0 136101.0--0----0.0--------TOTAL56392710.00200--0000

sounds solid, but I'd rather hold out hope that we draft Calais Campbell, the DE from The U in the draft next year. The guy is hailed as one of the best DE's going into this season and has the size we need as well. It'll finally be time to remove the Daniels/Wynn Dynamic Duo. Carter and Campbell!

sounds solid, but I'd rather hold out hope that we draft Calais Campbell, the DE from The U in the draft next year. The guy is hailed as one of the best DE's going into this season and has the size we need as well. It'll finally be time to remove the Daniels/Wynn Dynamic Duo. Carter and Campbell!

hahahaha you can't be serious

that guy is a top 5 top 10 lock

we wont be in position to draft him.

The only thing I see hurting Chris Wilson right now is his weight. He is only 240 pounds. Depending on the DT he is playing against 40 to 80 lbs. is a lot of weight to give. Dude must be strong as an ox. I liked to see Wilson put on another 20 or so lbs.

As far as Corey Williams goes, I agree with some of the other posters. Wait until his contract is up.

Archived