Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What I Would Post on Dale's Cowboy Site If I Only Could

Om

Hey brother Dale ... check your PM's if you would, please. :)

I was planning to post the following on the 'boyz Mazevo site, but technical difficulties are preventing it. If Dale can help me out and arrange to make it work for me again, I will post this message ...

"I haven't taken the time to go back and review the last couple pages of Post-Tuna threads, so my apologies for likely repeating previous sentiments, but ....

Congratulations. I mean it.

If there was a short list of guys this long-time Redskin fan did NOT want to see Dallas hire as HC, Bill Parcells was on it.

I don't care if the Jones / Parcells marriage ends badly in a couple of years or not – fact is, I'm pretty sure that, with a break or two, Tuna will have you guys knocking on the wildcard door as early as next year ... and if he can scare up a legit QB (or turn Chad into one) by 2004 ... have you in position to make a serious January run. In the NFL these days, 2 or 3 years IS a long time. If you aren't competing for titles in Year 3, you'd be moving on anyway. Seems to me you want a guy who has the weight [sic] to shake things up and get them turned around in a hurry.

Bill will do that ... the only real question as I see it is whether he sticks it out beyond 2 or 3 even IF things are going well ... but that's a nice problem to have down the road, don't you think?

The man wins. It ain't always pretty, in fact, it never is – Otis Anderson, anyone? – but he wins games. He pushes the right buttons quickly, and squeezes the most out of the talent he has.

I don't buy the media hype about Jones and Bill not being able to "coexist." They will ... for a couple or 3 years, at any rate ... long enough for Tuna to get your program back in the black.

Three years is forever in today's NFL. Methinks your going to like the upcoming ones.

You b@stards. :)

NFC East

Andy Reid – man won't win any beauty or personality contests ... but wins games.

Bill Parcells – see above

Jim Fassell – took Kerry Collins to the Super Bowl. His team PLAYS for him. Give the man his due.

Steve Spurrier – I know, I know ... well, if you must laugh, I just humbly recommend you do it now.

The East is back, gentlemen."

Om, it's not showing up that I have any PMs in my box...

Do you want me to just post the message on the board for you, or do you think you can get it to working?

Good post though and I appreciate the kind words, and I agree about this division -- it'll be back, and shortly. I doubt there is a better coached division in the league.

By the way, that picture of Jerry reminds me of Mr. Burns in the episode of The Simpsons where he had some sort of procedure done and was confused by Bart and Co. as an alien :laugh:

Well, that's weird Dale. My PM stuff seems to be working and it shows the message as sent ... and I took the liberty of checking your PM settings and THEY seem to be good ...

I think you're ducking me, man. ;)

Seriously, though ... I'd like to be able to post there if possible, so let me try to e-mail you my question / situation. If we can't get it resolved, feel free to post away. I just won't be able to defend myself. :)

Perhaps I just don't know how to check my private messages, hehe ... on the home page, on the upper right hand corner it's telling me "0 new PMs". Is there another spot to check for them?

But you can go ahead and email me if you wish since I seem to be a bit of an idiot on how to use the equipment here :)

EDIT: hehe ... I just figured it and and there is indeed a private message hiding there :)

Originally posted by The Angry Buddha

This is what I'd post on the Cowboy site:

finger2.jpg

:laugh:

This should be posted twice. For the two games against us Troy Hambrick had to talk trash after

&

This is a thing of beauty:notworthy

Hows about one of you good fellas posting the link to Dale's board. I used to post a bit on one he ran a year or so ago (maybe a little more) and the link went bad or something.

If I was going to go to a Poke site I'd prefer that one. Thanks in advance.

Archived