Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IR'ed players: next year?

masaemaya

What's the deal with Dotson (DT), Royal (r-TE), and Jones (G) as far as next season is concerned? I remember clearly that Jones signed a multi-year contract (3 yr, I think). I'm not real sure about the rookie TE and Dotson's contract lenghts.

Anyone know? I'm sure that Royal and Jones will be there during camps, but what about Dotson?

Is there a website that lists contract lenghts/salaries somewhere on the web?

thx,

inv

Dotson suffered a ruptured Achilles and 33 year old players rarely come bakc from that injury to play again at a high level.

Royal and Russell WILL be back by the camps and I think have a fair chance to contribute given our current talent at WR and TE.

Rod Jones' injury is somewhat serious, but other linemen such as John Fina and Mark May suffered the torn biceps and returned to be productive players.

Jones got a signing bonus, Dotson didn't as far as I know. Jones shoud be back and competing for a starting job on the line at guard or as a backup tackle if Sulfsted does not return.

Russell probably won't be 100% after that injury (usually takes about 2 years, I think).

I'm more interested in Lott/Bauman/Rock. I really think Lott could be effective. He just doesn't really have anyone to learn from. We'll see.

Also LaDairis was coming along very nicely. He might be completely healthy by the start of reg. season, but probably not for all the camps. Too bad.

Archived