Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I found this interesting about some underclassman wideouts......

Cskin

From www.nfldraftblitz.com

"Kelley Washington, Tennessee (WR): Seems like a silly move, but this is the same person who lied to former teammate Donte Stallworth so that he could be the team's go-to guy. Coming off a major injury, Kelley will be lucky to crack the top 75"

Anyone no anything about this? I assume he lied saying he was coming out last year so that Donte Stallworth would to, then rescinded to return to school so he could be the "go to" guy? Weird. Notice they say he'd be lucky to crack the top 75, placing him right in the middle of the third round where the skins can pick him up.

And this......

"Brandon Lloyd, Illinois (WR): ****y WR who backs it up. Reminds me a lot of Freddie Mitchell when he was at UCLA. He has above average speed and very good quickness."

It was my understanding that he was more of a possesion guy than a speed guy with quickness. Anyone else no anything about him?

According to a aritlce in a Tennessee newspaper recently, Kelley told Donte' he was turning pro and was trying to pursuade Donte' to do the same. He issued him a challenge saying that he bet he would go higher than Donte' would.

Donte' bit, and announced he would declare for the draft.

The following day or close thereto, Kelley announced he was returning to school.

Kelley Washington definitely has the rep as a me-first guy. He's not been shy about criticizing teammates at Tennessee.

While he might be a putz of a person, he's a tremendous athlete - most folks viewed him as the go-to guy on the team even with Stallworth around.

The best underclass WRs are named Williams - Roy at Texas and Reggie at Washington. I'd take either of 'em.

Archived