Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrance Edwards anyone??

Awesome

This guy is a great prospect. Good size, 6-1, 175, great speed, crisp route running, great hands. He's got all the receiving records at Georgia. I haven't looked at any mock drafts, but I haven't seen him rated among the top three or four receivers. He would be a very good rookie addition to the receiving corps that shouldn't take a high first round. We could trade down, and get him along with a solid OG or DE/DT. Thoughts?

He also is reported to not have great burst off the line of scrimmage or out of his breaks. Yes, he's small... and does get open occasionally in Richt's system their at Georgia, but he's no real NFL talent. He's a system wideout at best, and a marginal one to boot. I say pass.....

I wouldnt call him a system wideout. He's been in 3 different offensive systems his 4 years as a starter, and he's produced in all of them. He holds all the UGA recieving records and i believe is only behind Chris Doering and one other guy for SEC Recieving TDs in a Career. I wouldnt call him a great prospect, though. He doesn't have good size, and as someone said, his hands are suspect. I know I, along with many a UGA fan, have cursed him on several occasions for his "dropsies" since 1999.

If we're not going to go after a WR with barn burning speed, I'd much rather have Billy McMullen, Virginia. He's big, bold, runs a great route and rarely drops a pass. His 40 time won't blow your mind, but he is ALWAYS open. And we can get him in a later round.

Hate to bring up a Gator name, but I'd take Taylor Jacobs over Edwards. If Spurrier were still at UF, Jacobs (with Grossman throwing to him) would have had a phenomenal year in 2002.

Jacobs knows Spurrier's system and has the skills and speed to go with it at the pro level. He was stuck in a new system this year that could seldom even pass downfield. Whoever drafts him will have a good one.

He would be a very good rookie addition to the receiving corps that shouldn't take a high first round.

Are you kidding me? You want to burn a first-round on this bum? He shouldn't take a high FOURTH round pick.

That said, I'd be thrilled if we did get him in the fourth.

Speaking of Taylor Jacobs, anyone see that catch he made against Michigan. One handed, high in the air, between two michigan defenders. Wow....quite a play.

I'd much rather see us pick him up in the second round and forgoe the 1st round WR all together....unless of course Rogers or Williams are there at #13. He brings speed, great route running and hands, and should make an impact in Spurrier's offense the first year because he's familiar with it.

That would leave us with our choice of DT or DE in the first round, or trading down to the bottom of the first for an additional #2 or #3.

Archived