Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The American right: Under the weather

Winslowalrob

Buddy, you may be an honest and straightforward poster, but you are hardly a Centrist, judging from what you have posted so far in numerous threads. You appear to be a conservative Republican who is pissed off at Bush. There are lots of those guys around, but they don't claim to be Centrists.

This is not a call out. You are entitled to your views. They just aren't Centrist.

And you base this statement on what exactly? According to you and Chom, a Centrist is dead set in the middle and has no views, and is completely indifferent in every matter. That's not a Centrist, that's a corpse. Maybe I'm wrong. :whoknows:

LMAO, you have got to be the first "true centrist" on this planet that defends Bush!

When did I defend Bush? I said he isn't as stupid as he seems, and he appears stupid because he puts too much faith in the idiots he is surrounded by.

The guy has degrees from Harvard and Yale, no idiot, regardless of power or wealth, can do that IMO.

And you base this statement on what exactly? According to you and Chom, a Centrist is dead set in the middle and has no views, and is completely indifferent in every matter. That's not a Centrist, that's a corpse. Maybe I'm wrong. :whoknows:

I base this statement on your posts, the great majority of which tend to mock or criticize the Democrats or liberals. I have yet to see a single post where you have taken a stance that would be considered "left of center" other than to say that Bush has effed up badly.

I am not saying that you have to have no views to be a centrist. I have expressed plenty of opinions where I have disagreed with the left, but I remain realistic about my overall political stance. I am a Liberal Democrat.

And you are a Conservative Republican. It's ok.

When did I defend Bush? I said he isn't as stupid as he seems, and he appears stupid because he puts too much faith in the idiots he is surrounded by.

The guy has degrees from Harvard and Yale, no idiot, regardless of power or wealth, can do that IMO.

I agree that Bush is not an idiot. However, back in the mid-1960s, you definitely could into Yale and Harvard pretty much solely by virtue of your family connections and where you went to prep school. Bush went to Phillips Andover, and pretty much the entire graduating class from Phillips Andover was accepted to Yale and Harvard back then. Things are somewhat different now.

Archived