Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB rotation for Titans game...

BraveWarrior

I do not understand why, with two young QBs in camp, Gibbs and/or Saunders decided it would be a good idea to go with Brunell for a good portion of the 2nd half, and then bring in Todd Collins to finish up.

If the point of the first couple preseason games is to evaluate some other the young and new players, why didn't bramlet and Palmer get in the game at all?

They know what they have in Brunell, as he's been here for a while, and they should even be fairly certain of what they have it Collins, even though he's not played much wherever he's been.

I didn't see that Gibbs was asked this post-game. Did any of the local coverage address this? NFL Network showed Palmer and briefly talked about him toward the end of the game, but it wasn't anything of substance.

They let Bramlet play in the scrimmage for all of a minute then cut him, sadly. I wanted to see Palmer in the 4th quarter but in retrospect, I'm glad Collins came in to prove that he can actually get something done. It's important to have some competition at QB. We had all given up on Collins a year ago.

They let Bramlet play in the scrimmage for all of a minute then cut him, sadly. I wanted to see Palmer in the 4th quarter but in retrospect, I'm glad Collins came in to prove that he can actually get something done. It's important to have some competition at QB. We had all given up on Collins a year ago.

Well, I guess with 5 QBs on the roster, and a young starter who you want to see get a lot of work, they just didn't have enough reps to give Bramlet.

I'm wondering why Bramlet's release wasn't on ESPN.com's transactions page. I just checked it and they don't have it listed, but they do have that Atlanta just picked him up.

Archived