Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Radio Forced To Criticize Norv

TennesseeCarl

I was listening to ESPN - they were discussing Miami's swoon in the snow and noted that on their last drive, the ball never gets into Rickey Williams hands. Keep in mind that Williams had about 185 yards on the ground.

At first, the commentator (can't spell the name) noted that Wannstedt deserved blame. The other guy (and I suspect he'll be fired for this) said, if you're going to blame Wannstedt, you've got to look at Norv Turner as well.

I was shocked. The national media suggesting that Norv Turner might not be a genius.

Sorry but the Patsies haven't been able to stop the run very well all season. Regardless of whether or not they were stacking the box against the run, I think I'd have to try giving the ball to Ricky Williams at least ONCE......sheesh :rolleyes: Glad he's no longer doing it to us anymore.

Wouldn't you just love to be Norv? Imagine having a job where you are labelled a genius although you rarely produce anything more than average results and then only when you have overwhelming resources at your disposal. And the best part is, your name is on the forefront of any and all success, but totally forgotten when blame for failure is being placed. Sign me up for that!!

:puke:

Originally posted by Hauss

Not a Norv apologist but the Pats were playing 8 close to the line. They were looking for Ricky.

I guess Norv didn't catch the last Superbowl. It was sort of a similar situation. You have an offensive "genius" with a beast of a running back playing against a team who can't stop the run. What is the obvious thing to do???? Throw the ball!!! :shootinth :doh:

Did Belichik just decide to bring 8 up in overtime or had he been trying to stop the run earlier in the game? I'm sure he must have noticed Williams getting 185 yards at some point.

As Norv would probably put it, "Those Patriots were awfully tough out there today."

The man is burned into my memory. Sort of like my first prostate exam.

Originally posted by TennesseeCarl

I was listening to ESPN - they were discussing Miami's swoon in the snow and noted that on their last drive, the ball never gets into Rickey Williams hands. Keep in mind that Williams had about 185 yards on the ground.

At first, the commentator (can't spell the name) noted that Wannstedt deserved blame. The other guy (and I suspect he'll be fired for this) said, if you're going to blame Wannstedt, you've got to look at Norv Turner as well.

I was shocked. The national media suggesting that Norv Turner might not be a genius.

Lenny the Fat put all of the blame on Wannstedt. Typical....:puke:

Archived