Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The REAL Reason Monk hasn't gotten in???? (Theory)

Mackdaddydean

Circus Peanuts - Its Time to Take a Stand!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Circus Peanuts - Its Time to Take a Stand!

• Yummy. Better than sex.
    • Not bad - better than Boston Baked Beans and Bit O'Honeys
    • Gag me with a spoon.
    • I have no idea WTF you're talking about?

The ONLY "REAL" reason Monk is not already in is because some of the voters are just plain IDIOTS. Plain and simple.

Many of the receivers in the HOF were lucky enough to have HOF QB's throwing to them. Look at Don Maynard, John Stallworth, Lynn Swann, Michael Irvin, Charlie Joiner, Paul Warfield and James Lofton for part of his career. The all had HOF QB's throwing them the ball. Even our own Charley Taylor had Sonny throwing to him.

Art Monk left the Skins as the all-time leading receiver while catching passes primarily from four different QB's, none of which will even sniff the HOF. To me, that speaks volumes about how great he was.

The arguments that he belongs greatly outweigh any doubts about him being deserving. Unfortunately, instead of simply using pros and cons, the HOF voters think of themselves as a jury and treat "reasonable doubt" as the be-all, end-all for NOT voting a guy in. The problem is, their "reasonable doubts" have been dispelled time and time again. They just don't see it.

Archived