Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, We Prevented A Rout

TennesseeCarl

I love the fact that we won and it will cost me dearly at home tonight...my Cowboy-fan wife will not be pleased.

I'd swear we were dominant enough to win that one 31-7. It's been amazing through the streak how much more talented we've been than the Cowboys and yet manage to make so many mistakes that you just want to cry.

For weeks I've been touting Derrius Thompson and he has a game so bad that I'd consider allowing him to just leave as a UFA. There's no excuse for that performance in a big game. Gardner wasn't a whole lot better. You could tell by the end of the game that Spurrier was terrified of calling anything because he didn't know which player would screw it up.

I'll take that win any day, but it's gonna be a bittersweet memory in the off-season - how we almost p@ssed away the most dominant defensive performance by a Redskin team in recent memory.

Can Thompson's drops be explained by his first year starting? The guy's been on the team for three seasons!!! I'm concerned about resigning him only to realize this type of inconsistency is a staple for his type of game. Gardner put his hands on a few balls that maybe he should have just let hit the turf. How many balls has he tipped up into the waiting arms of the safeties this year?

I like the three's potential for solid possesion receivers, but I definitely see the need for a speed guy to run into the seams and the occasional post pattern. Also, I'll be really interested in the improvement of the TE play. Royal looked like a real find in preseason, and although Flemister has definitely regressed, I hope those two can become solid contributors and stretch the field down the hash marks.

I am also a little bit uncomfortable about the drops in this game and in some others like the first Dallas game...................

Thompson is 26 years old and is in his 3rd season with the club, even if it is his first starting job.

You have to remember that other younger players like Ramsey and Betts are also learning and making some plays but also making some mistakes.

Yet both have had fewer starts and fewer reps on the field to get used to the pace of the NFL and get their bearings.

Thompson has been playing regularly for 10 weeks.

In my mind dropping 4 or 5 balls in one game and losing a fumble is unacceptable for ANYONE.

Thompson has some talent, whether he is worth resigning for more than a modest contract is a question mark.

Will better players become avaiable in the offseason?

At what cost?

And is there a receiver in the draft that makes this passing offense with Ramsey and Gardner a dangerous one?

Originally posted by Riggens

How many passes were dropped on Ramsey today. It sounds like he had a great game, if we allow for the drops. I don't know cause I just watch the computer feed.

Ramsey seemed a little off today. mainly a litle high, I wonder if he was just pumped up?

Originally posted by TennesseeCarl

I love the fact that we won and it will cost me dearly at home tonight...my Cowboy-fan wife will not be pleased.

I'd swear we were dominant enough to win that one 31-7. It's been amazing through the streak how much more talented we've been than the Cowboys and yet manage to make so many mistakes that you just want to cry.

For weeks I've been touting Derrius Thompson and he has a game so bad that I'd consider allowing him to just leave as a UFA. There's no excuse for that performance in a big game. Gardner wasn't a whole lot better. You could tell by the end of the game that Spurrier was terrified of calling anything because he didn't know which player would screw it up.

I'll take that win any day, but it's gonna be a bittersweet memory in the off-season - how we almost p@ssed away the most dominant defensive performance by a Redskin team in recent memory.

Right on! We should have had at least 40 points, but turnover after turnover inside the Dallas 30 yard line made the game look like a close game.....not!

Archived