Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about Vonnie Holliday ?

Mickalino

Vonnie will be a free agent this ofseason and a definite upgrade at DE. Maybe he could split time with Bruce, if Bruce even hangs around.

Edit - he seemed like such a logical choice that I did a search on the Extreme site to see if his name has already been brought up, and there was several posts including one report that Green Bay extended his contract. Is that accurate ?

Holliday is likely to be along with Douglas, the most sought after DE in the offseason if he isn't able to work out a deal with GB.

He isn't going to come here to split time with Smith :)

He is going to command a $30-40 million deal like Joe Johnson got last offseason, and I think that is really beyond what the Redskins should be spending at this point on any player.

We have already paid Wynn a lot of money and need to resign Gardener. And then we need to replace #95 inside with someone younger.

In my mind, though, it has to be someone cheaper :)

Holliday is a much quicker player than Wynn and a better rushman in terms of technique as well. He is also solid against the run.

What has happened to him is that because the GB line has been weak the past few years he has been shuttled between DE and DT and has not had the chance to get settled at a position yet, despite good talent.

In some ways he reminds me of Arrington. Just hasn't been left in a position to get comfortable and allow his athleticism to take over..................

I may be jaded (Tarheel fan), but I like Vonnie. He was a part of the Tarheel defense that I think finished 6th in the nation. He, Greg Ellis, and Ekuban were awesome together. That was even before J. Peppers was in the lineup. I'd love to see him in the burg. and gold. But I don't think we'll pay him the money he wants. I just hope he doesn't wind up in Dallas, which I pretty sure they can't afford him. They do have a history of drafting Tarheel players though, and that really burns my a@@.

Archived