Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we in for a CB Controversy?

NextGENskinsFaN

Not winner. Don't inflate the number. I specifically asked "While in DC, no doubt the only years you base that submission on, how often was Smoot on the #1 reciever?" Not overall, including the years he sucked in Minn. He did well in DC when up against #2 recievers mainly and across from high quality, mainly injury free CBs.

What? You are just pulling crap out of your butt now. The fact of the matter is Smoot has gone against #1 WR more often then "No D" and done just as well if not better, even while going through issues, and playing in a system that did not fit with his style of play. End of discussion

Smoot>Carlos "No D" Rogers

Again, I disagree. Rogers = Speed. If Smoot edges him on anything it would be his hands.

If "No D" is so fast then why does he give ten yard cushions and still get beat by five yards? Because he sucks that's why.

Smoot edges him on everything, and if you can't see that then I think you need to get your eyes checked/

Like I already said. He learned his lesson and you won't hear him talking big anytime soon, if ever.

You're right, because he'll probably be out of the league in another year or two, after being moved to the #4-#5 spot this year.

I agree to disagree then. Smoot will not be anything more than a #3 here unless injury or retirement or trade.

:doh: You are so wrong.

i hope not for a controversy but a competition. smoot, headquarters, and that other former high draft pick guy could give rogers a run for his money. rogers brings so many good things to the table; he can tackle, cover, and works hard. but if he can't finish plays (catching gift INTs), i can see williams moving him to a nickel to build his confidence.

with springs being as fragile as he is, i can see the other guys working out really well. now or in the futuuuuuuuuuuuuure!! :movefast:

]']I've always looked at it like this: Smoot is the better coverage corner' date=' but Rogers can play the run much better. He's also less likely to let a reciever catch a 5 yard pass and get by him, where as Smoot, as much heart as he has, isn't always a guaranteed tackle.[/quote']

smoot has always been a decent tackler. he reminds me of d.sanders. he never WANTS to tackle anyone, but if he has to he will. i think we remember the courage he showed while playing with the bruised sternum/heart.

i remember the Minn game last year. we ran plays right at smoot and he made tackles.

2-10-WAS48 (8:55) L.Betts left end to MIN 47 for 5 yards (F.Smoot).

1-10-WAS49 (12:10) C.Portis left end to WAS 47 for -2 yards (F.Smoot).

2-9-MIN42 (12:50) M.Brunell pass short left to C.Cooley to WAS 49 for -9 yards (F.Smoot).

1-10-WAS32 (6:56) L.Betts left end to WAS 34 for 2 yards (F.Smoot).

smoot has always been a decent tackler. he reminds me of d.sanders. he never WANTS to tackle anyone, but if he has to he will. i think we remember the courage he showed while playing with the bruised sternum/heart.

i remember the Minn game last year. we ran plays right at smoot and he made tackles.

Thank you for helping me make my point. I get so sick of hearing how Smoot can't tackle and how he doesn't have the heart, when that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Archived