Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where can I take my Jeep?

BALLz

Just curious if any of you guys know of any good Off Road Vehicle trails in Maryland. My wife and I bought a Jeep a few months ago and have been looking online for a good place to take it with little luck. I've found trails in Cumberland that look decent. We purchased an '04 Columbia edition Wrangler(The columbia part just gives us nicer seats and a cool badge on the front quarter panel). There have been no upgrades made to it and we are not experienced trail riders so keep that in mind if you have suggestions. I have no problems getting the vehicle dirty or even muddy but don't really won't to take to a mud hole. Thanks for your help.

Pez is isn't sure because there really isnt any good places in NOVA or MD. At least I've had no luck finding them. Hopefully some others will no of some. GWNF is your best bet. There are some easy trails there but it may not be worth your time to go that far. I take my truck through some "Powerline" trails once in awhile around here. It's not legal so you have to be careful.

Pez is isn't sure because there really isnt any good places in NOVA or MD. At least I've had no luck finding them. Hopefully some others will no of some. GWNF is your best bet. There are so easy trails there but it may not be worth your time to go that far. I take my truck through some "Powerline" trails once in awhile around here. It's not legal so you have to be careful.

Yes I am still a jeep noob... :laugh: :laugh:

But I try!!... I run off the road every chance I get, and make sure not to clean it off if I get mud on it..... :cheers:

Since you live in Dunkirk, I am not sure if this will be worth it to you, but Coca-Cola drive in Hanover, MD is where this pic was taken.

The trails are not extensive, but a good two hours of fun can be had. Some parts of this area will not be accesible and there should be plenty of people around if you get stuck.

DSC_0011.jpg

Pez is isn't sure because there really isnt any good places in NOVA or MD. At least I've had no luck finding them. Hopefully some others will no of some. GWNF is your best bet. There are some easy trails there but it may not be worth your time to go that far. I take my truck through some "Powerline" trails once in awhile around here. It's not legal so you have to be careful.

Everytime I drive by powerlines I think about doing that. If i had a better paying job I probably would but can't afford any fines that would be handed out. I've taken it out on a few contruction sites but they have been wide open and fairly flat, so not much fun there.

It's a macho thing. Just testing your cars capabilities and doing things you didn't think it could do. Being on the verge of instability. It's kind of like the rush you get when riding a roller coaster .

Personally I like mountain biking much more. Especially technical mountain biking with difficult climbs and treacherous downhills. I used my Jeep more to get me into areas where I could mountain bike than I did for just off-roading.

Unfortunately at my age I don't do either anymore. Now I drive my 4Runner on the road, and my mountain bike has road slicks. My bike paths are now paved instead of littered with tree trunks and streams.

Archived