Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we have any summer signings?

Vladimir L

There always tends to be one or two guys cut by other teams that we will sign. Whether they actually make the roster or Practice squad is a different story. I don't really see anyone being signed, except maybe another offensive lineman if the current batch of reserves does not produce. I could also see a veteran LB like how we signed Posey last year.

Clayton was saying that Kenard Lang could be the odd man out in Denver...would love to see him back in the burgundy and gold (even if he is 32)..he brings a pash rush that daniels can't.

I forgot about Lang. I think that would be a great situation for both parties personally. Lang is still productive.

Lang was a fan favorite while he was here. He was versatile for us too, though I don't think we really should have used him at DT, may have contributed to our problems then. However, we probably have just as good players in Wynn and Evans. If Lang was brought in after he's released, it'd just be a nostalgia signing for me at least.

He's 2 years younger than Daniels and still has ability..He also has shown durability and hasn't missed a game since 2003...His #'s are better than Daniels last year..I agree that he is on the downside of his career, but he had 6 sacks and 2 FF last year...Wynn has 6 sacks combined for the last 4 years with the skins..I would take him over Wynn or Evans anyday of the week.

Lang was a fan favorite while he was here. He was versatile for us too, though I don't think we really should have used him at DT, may have contributed to our problems then. However, we probably have just as good players in Wynn and Evans. If Lang was brought in after he's released, it'd just be a nostalgia signing for me at least.

Exactly lang will just take us back to where we are at.

We wouldnt be changing anything but having more depth. Isnt Simeon Rice possibly getting cut too? If we add an old lineman I think he would be the best option.

With just two weeks before the start of camp I'm more worried about them signing their draft picks than an impact player.

Its never been a problem with us. If we were Arizona or San Diego we might have something to worry about. Our owner though is a big spender.

Exactly lang will just take us back to where we are at.

We wouldnt be changing anything but having more depth. Isnt Simeon Rice possibly getting cut too? If we add an old lineman I think he would be the best option.

Any player likely to be available is going to be for depth or situational needs regardless. Lang could be used in much the same way Gregg has planned for Marcus Washington this coming season. Lang registered 17.5 sacks and 20 assists during his four years as a Redskin - that's not too bad.

Lang left because Norv insisted that he play DT and he objected. Lang's been productive throughout much of his ten years in the NFL. Lang was very active in the Denver games I watched last season. I think it would be a smart pick-up.

Remember Lavar was a huge holdout and was way behind and out of shape when he came to camp. My point is they have only signed the 7th rounder. Everyone except for Landry should be signed by now.

He will be signed.

Sean Taylor wont be happy about him making more money than he does though.

Archived