Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Horse Shows

AsburySkinsFan

I don't know if anyone here is involved in horse shows, attends or owns horses etc, but I just wanted to post a video of one of the youth in my church (14 yrs old) who placed 1st in Open Poles Division 1, and 2nd in Open Poles Division 2 at our county fair last night. He also raced barrels but we had to leave before he ran those, plus the rain hit the fair grounds pretty hard after we left anyways here is the video of his 2nd place run (21.xxx seconds), it was the 3rd fastest run of the night, he also had the fastest time of the night but on another horse.

BTW, the woman yelling is his mother who coaches riders and trains the horses for a living.

th_HorseShow047.jpg

Very nice Asbury. He looked nice and smooth in that run. He also seemed to be working WITH his partner, rather than fighting against him. That says a lot of good things to me.

My roommate and I own a pair of Norwegian Fjord horses. We don't do any shows or things like that, but I'll tell you that Dyre and Tom are a huge part of our lives and our family. I couldn't even think about what I'd do without Dyre in my life.

Yeah, he is a very smooth rider, it doesn't hurt that he's been riding those same horses for years, so they know each other pretty well. He just keeps getting faster and faster. Its great to see him progress the way he has.

It's nice to see a competitive horse-person who seems to understand that it's supposed to be a partnership between man and horse, not a master-slave relationship. The two of them seem to work really well together and that's nice to see. I don't see it often enough in the competitive riding community, which is part of why I'll never get involved in that community.

I see so many competitive horse-people who treat their horses like absolute crap, then wonder why the horse doesn't want to do what they ask/demand of them in the show ring or on the course. Of course you also have the ones who've beaten or broken their horses so completely that the horse no longer has a soul or personality of their own; which is an even more disgusting sight so far as I'm concerned.

Agreed MSF, nothing more sad than a horse with no spirit left. We've got a couple families in our church who are in the equine industry and they are definetly people who love horses and aren't just doing it for the money, and its evident when you see them with their horses.

The other family in our church trains and boards Saddlebred Gaited Horses like the one pictured below. They have trained one Grand Champion and are always working on the next.

3gtd.jpg

Archived