Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

campbell's preseason

portis426

When Brunell's arm is good, he is good, just as Jason Campbell. If his arm gets hurt like Brunell, I'd like to see him throw some 50+ yarders like you all think Brunell should have done.
No one ever asked Brunell to throw 50+ yarders all the time. All we asked is he didn't throw 73% of his passes 10 yards or shorter. Shouldn't be too tough for an NFL QB, something Brunell barely is anymore.

That portis play last year was agony to watch. Campbell should play whatever is normal for starters, no more.

Yea, the only thing possibly more agonizing about the play was that even when he got back and was "healthy", you always had to have in mind that at any given play he can have that thing pop back out.

Wierd thing is, he had to be taken out for a broken hand, but the shoulder still didnt help.

Yea i say regular time.

No one ever asked Brunell to throw 50+ yarders all the time. All we asked is he didn't throw 73% of his passes 10 yards or shorter. Shouldn't be too tough for an NFL QB, something Brunell barely is anymore.

You didn't get my point.

Week 3

Redskins vs. Texans, that is when Brunell got hurt.

So every game you all ****ed about him not throwing passes after that, he was hurt, he probably couldn't do it. So of course they kept him to short passes.

You didn't get my point.

Week 3

Redskins vs. Texans, that is when Brunell got hurt.

So every game you all ****ed about him not throwing passes after that, he was hurt, he probably couldn't do it. So of course they kept him to short passes.

That's fine, but all that does is add on to Brunell's brittle body from 2004 and 2005, and further support the idea that again, he ain't worth anything as a real NFL QB anymore. A good backup who can come off the bench and polish games off? Sure. A guy who could step in behind a strong running game and above average defense and maybe manage the game? Sure. I certainly wouldn't trust him running the offense beyond 2, maybe 3 games, though.

If you're THAT hurt where you literally can't throw the ball past 10 yards except for only 25% of all your passes, maybe it's your responsibility to help the team out and take awhile on the bench to heal up. Still doesn't deny me any reason to ***** about Brunell.

Archived