Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing it seems all of us are taking for granted

TSO

If joe were to hang it up within the next few years than i really feel that Mr. Snyder would have to take a close look at Russ Grimm. We need someone to take over (after Gibbs leaves of course) that knows the Redskins tradition and truely respects it. I think he would be a great canadate for the position.

2 thoughts:

1) For the record, Andyman's post was in response to the specific notion that there was a clause in GW's contract setting him up as the next head coach. I suspect that's 100% correct. Not sure the NFL would even approve such a contract. Whether or not Andyman was also suggesting that there is/was no informal agreement in place remains in question. At least to me. :)

2) Kinda curious to know that this is supposed to mean:

as much as i respect all three of them, lets not forget how much their enormous coaching contracts play into their decisions.

Not sure all of us are taking it for granted, as there are generally two trains of thought in the Stadium:

1--Joe Gibbs, Williams, et. al are washed up--football has passed them by, they sold out to Dan Snyder--etc.

2--Joe Gibbs, Williams, et. al are some of the best minds to ever coach in the sport, they will right the ship, they are, just you wait and see, git'ring 'er done.

It has been covered.

So your point was that they didn't leave because they're well paid? I suppose that would at least factor into their decisions, yes. They aren't stupid. :)

The way I first read it, I just wasn't sure if you were maybe suggesting that the coaches contracts somehow played into other areas like salary cap consideration and/or player evaluation. Thanks for setting me straight.

Archived