Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Changing the Redskins

Mackdaddydean

As a Native American I have said time and time again that the name is not an issue for anyone in my family. Even the ones that arent Redskins fans.

Its a silly debate made by sports writers at this point.

Exactly, which is why it made me so mad when UnWise Mike wrote this article just days after that amazing game in Dallas '05. Any other time I would have just chalked it up to him being a prick. Other than that, this topic is the equivelent of beating a dead horse...

Well then you dont understand what you do. Unless its a news article exposing the people trying to change the name as cowgirl fans, theres really no reason to bring it up. I know its offseason tradition for some noob or wanna seem hip digging for sand to stick in their ****** to start a thread for this, but that doesnt mean you have to contribute to them.

I know you were not on their side, but the mere fact that you want to open a thread that will get their agenda out there makes you look clueless. Just wait, its gonna happen(although I admit this offseason we havent had nearly as many, probably didnt even break 10 threads on it) and then drop your bomb on them.

Ok well YOU may not be interested. And YOU may think that me bringing it up only helps the people who want it changed. And YOU are the only one who is mad about this thread.

On the other hand, theres a lot of people who would be interested to see the response of someone who wants the name changed when confronted with the real issues. For some, this is something they like to hear about. So I'm sorry if you don't like it, but i didn't start the thread for you, I started it for everyone else who would be interested. Next time, I'll be sure to PM you and make sure my post is gunna be ok, fluff your pillow, bring you milk and cookies, and give you a nice HJ. Give me a break.

The Danny should just contact all the legitimate Native American tribal leaders, and ask them each to put it to a vote in their tribe, fowarding the results to both the Redskins Organization and some outside accounting firm at the same time. He should tell them that unless a simple majority confirms the term is offensive, and that the use of it by the Redskins football team is hurtful to them, he will continue using it. The same would apply to the logo.

Personally, I just call them "the Skins" when I talk about them, but that's because I am lazy. Quite frankly, even if the Danny changed the name, I would continue to call them the Skins, but thats because it's a habit and I am lazy.

Did I mention that I was lazy?

Go Skins:helmet:

Archived