Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSJ(Op-ed): Was Osama Right?

jpillian

look JMS i know you don't know what you are talking about when you can't distinguish between Egyptian people's and their culture before the arab invasions and after. They were distinctly different. Egypt maintained its culture for thousands of years under non-Egytian rule, yet when arabs and islam came they lost all their previous culture and became arabized. You can't tell the difference between Egyptians and Arabs who are kinda now, but definitely back then were, two distinct different ethnicities.

i am not gonna keep going on this topic

look JMS i know you don't know what you are talking about when you can't distinguish between Egyptian people's and their culture before the Arab invasions and after.

Of Coarse I can distinguish between the two. I just don't think Egyptian culture or history stopped when they were first conquered after the 30th Dynasty by Cyrus and the Persians, nor when they were subsequently conquered by Alexander, Rome, or the Muslims. Their culture changed every time they were conquered. I'll give you a hint. Culture always changes. It doesn't remove a peoples connection to their past.

They were distinctly different. Egypt maintained its culture for thousands of years under non-Egytian rule, yet when arabs and islam came they lost all their previous culture and became arabized. You can't tell the difference between Egyptians and Arabs who are kinda now, but definitely back then were, two distinct different ethnicities.

i am not gonna keep going on this topic

First off you think because the Greek Ptolemies including Cleopatra dressed in Egyptian garb that somehow linked preserved Egyptian cultural link from the Pharaohs? You think their culture was preserved unchanged? More like the Greeks realized by representing themselves as primarily Egyptians they would more easily subvert and control their kingdom. And Control it they did for 300 years.

I too am loosing hope for this conversation. You keep pulling out broad generalities and narrowly applying them. Sure when Umayyad Dynasty invaded and conquered Egypt they changed the culture. But that is just as true of Persia which the Arab Moslem empire ruled for 400 years as it is Egypt. Yet you don't claim the Persians aren't Persians any longer because they no longer worshiped the gods of Cyrus the Great and from then on worshiped mainly the god of Mohamed.

Fact is the Egyptian people are descended from the same people who were there during the Pharaohs. Just like the Persians and Cyrus. There was no diaspora in Egypt either by the Greeks under Alexander latter the Ptolemies, The Romans under Cesar Augustus, nor under the Umayyad's.

Saying the Egyptians aren't and weren't Arab is crazy. I can see your logic however. If you deny their history; you can dismiss their future.

Archived