Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players' Discontentment

Jino

It wasn't the NFL. It was the team in question that he didn't want to play for, the (Baltimore) Colts. In any event, that was a tiny occurrence compared to what I'm talking about. I don't know that it had any long-term impact beyond the teams involved.

the colts wanted elway. he refused saying he wanted to play for a west coast team. low and behold the NFL stepped in because they wanted him in their league due to his popularity out of college and brokerred the deal to the broncos. this was the the beginning of players refusing to play for teams that drafted them or that they were traded to, a la TO.

i agree with a lot of what you said in your initial post on the subject. my point here is that its the NFL's greed that is behind all of those problems. and the elway situation showed that very early on.

Yeah right....His agent has told him the team is stacked with Safeties and even though you are vital to the team now isnt the time to hold them hostage. He basically is swallowing his displeasure with not being stupid rich knowing it is simply delayed gratification. He will be paid one way or another. It will look alot better to put some years behind his off field issues, played out his contract, and then will he let him self being auctioned to the highest bidder.

He has no reason to remain loyal to the team. Its about the money. Only way he stays in town when it is time is if we pay him the most...period.

while he may stay for not "the most" money he will get a ton to stay. right on man

Archived