Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dale Jr's beer sponsor might clash with Gibbs

Monte51Coleman

From 1993 till he left JGR (15 seasons in the Cup series), Bobby Labonte had 21 career wins, 193 Top Ten finishes, and 26 Poles.

Compare that with Junior. From 2000 till today (7 full Cup series seasons plus 11 races), Junior has 17 career wins, 113 Top Ten finishes, and 6 poles.

I believe that if you extrapolate Juniors numbers over the same time period as Labonte, he will surpass him in all but poles which is not a standard to make a driver great. Or Ryan Newman would be the greatest of all time.

Now, if JGR was only interested in winning drivers, and junior was "just average", didn't you just contradict yourself? And furthermore, explain the Yeley experiment...

Where did I say Labonte was all that? You did however forget to mention that Bobby won a championship.

Yeley hasn't panned out "Yet", but neither has Montoya.

;) IMO Yeley is a money thing.

He is a very good driver just on a bad team. 17 wins and Daytona, yep that is just average :doh:

Jr and Tony would be a great pair.

While Smoke and Jr. are good friends, I disagree they would be good on the same team. Tony is a team by himself, and very rarely gets the chance to use his team members for anything other then car feedback.

Chewy, are you crazy? Junior knows the draft better than anyone, how many people can "side draft" effectively on a Superspeedway, not many except Junior. He's excellent on the short tracks, and when he has crap cars he can run high on the track to salvage a top 10. The only places he hasn't ran good since '04 are the 1.5 mile "cookie cutter" tracks and Fords have pretty much dominated those until this year.

He has had crap equipment because no one wants to spend money over at DEI, that's why he's leaving.

And on one last note the pass Junior made during the '04 Pepsi 400 was far from average there are only 3 other drivers who could have pulled that off.

Not to change the subject because I love to talk Junior but was anybody else impressed by Denny Hamlin's ability to use the apron at Darlington to pass? I know I was.

I don't even know how to reply to that, other than your a fan of his. The post its self is pretty ridicules, considering DEI has pretty much unlimited funds.

Bobby Labonte...no longer with JGR. :2cents:

And Junior....will never be his Daddy.

And why senior fans think because they share the same name he is all that, I will never understand.

I don't even know how to reply to that, other than your a fan of his. The post its self is pretty ridicules, considering DEI has pretty much unlimited funds.

The staements I made about Juniors driving ability really have nothing to do with DEI except the fact they have fallen off and made horrible decisions and that's why he's leaving. Are you contending that the things i said about Junior aren't facts?

100 points and 100 grand and a 6 race suspension for Eury Jr. for a wing mount that Nascar didn't catch the 6 times the car went through the Techline after 2 practices and qualifying, yet Johnson and Knaus got 25,000 no points deducted and 4 races for modifying the back window of a car which is a hell of a lot more blatant than this and i won't even get into the shocks at Dover and johnson got to keep both wins, absurd. Everyone wantsd to call Junior on getting preferential treatment but between this and the fiasco for saying a curse word on TV that's on sitcom TV is ridiculous. And it's not just Junior, JGR had a car taken of Stewart's a few years back because it didn't fit the template Nascar couldn't figure out why so they took the car and never gave it back, they didn't even want to give the engine out of the car back but relented in the end. Rick Hendrick get's so much preferential treatment it's assinine.

Archived