Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New D.C. sports radieo station in TIDEWATER AREA long over due!!!!

MDCskins

Living in VA BEACH for most of my life, and having to listen to MR tony maccurio for all those years was a tough pill to swallow. This new station 102.1 THE GAME was long over due, now all tidewater REDSKINS FANS can listen to D.C. talk, instead of local talk about teams your not interested in like the STEELERS, COWPUKES, PATRIOTS, ETC. ETC. Can anybody tell me how this station came about, and who was behind it.

I can't answer any of your questions, but I agree 100% with your post. I actually called the station to complain about Macurio (sp?) several times. His voice grates on you (not a radio voice at all)... all he wants to talk about is food... and he is the least knowledgable sports person I have ever met. Two days before the draft I tuned in for a minute and he's talking about how Landry was from Georgia Tech.

When that goofball (who has the voice of a pubescent boy) Richie Sommerville corrected him, Macurio complained that "Well it says in this magazine he goes to Tech".

We then had to wait as he fumbled around with the magazine for another page that had Landry, so he could confirm where Landry went to school.

Thanks Tony.

One time I called the radio station and the old lady that answered put me through to his voice mail. I left him a message begging that he retire.

the station is owned and operaated by red zebra which is Dan Snyders company when they were here last June fo the Blitz he got the deal done

howvwer if you think ppl around here will stop listning to ESPN RADIO FORGET IT ratings just came out and ESPN IS 6TH and the game wasnt even in the top 20

Where have you been? It's been on for a while now. :laugh:

Tony Maccurio makes me want to vomit. :puke: He is the worst. I used to hate it when he ate food while doing his broadcast. The sound of him chewing up meatballs while bad mouthing the Cubs and Redskins made me sick.

And no more Collin Cowherd is a major plus as well. :cheers:

Archived