Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Grades already?????

Jeremiah_Johnson

Who was the Redskins Best first round draft pick?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Redskins Best first round draft pick?

• Sammy Baugh
    • Charley Taylor
    • Art Monk
    • Darrell Green

Right. Merriman is not in college, and Spencer has yet to play a down in the NFL. Merriman dropped back in pass coverage in college and Spencer did not. So the claim that Spencer CAN COVER is invalid. Get it?

Try to follow along with the conversation next time.

And for the record, Merriman has 13 passes defended in two years. Now without having access to any Chargers games I'd say that's an indicator that at some point, he covered a TE and knocked down a pass. I doubt all 13 are batted balls at the line of scrimmage.

try following the conversation im having with you. i never said anything about spencer covering. i dont expect a DE in college to cover. Merriman is not a good coverage guy. There are probably a boat load of defensive lineman that have that many passes deflected in two years. did i say Merriman has a 0% success rate in coverage? Merriman was exposed in his pass coverage ability infront of a national audience in the playoffs. can you follow that?

try following the conversation im having with you. i never said anything about spencer covering. i dont expect a DE in college to cover. Merriman is not a good coverage guy. There are probably a boat load of defensive lineman that have that many passes deflected in two years. did i say Merriman has a 0% success rate in coverage? Merriman was exposed in his pass coverage ability infront of a national audience in the playoffs. can you follow that?

Yeah, right. Merriman completely sucks in coverage because of one game. So does every other guy that ever covers a reciever because at one point or another, in one game or another, they get beat. Bailey's been beat like a drum numerous times. He's still considered the best in the business.

But like I said, you're off on a tangent. I never claimed Merriman was good in coverage.

Try to follow the conversation.

Archived