Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any ES Triathletes here?

coldpacker

:helmet: I will be attending my first triathlon on June 2nd. I'm not looking to win but still stay competative.

I've been training unofficially since Febuary and I'm in pretty good shape now.

Any suggestions for me from the more experiences 'letes here?

I'm using a Performance mountain bike w/ road tires and I am borrowing a spring wet suit from a friend.

I've been balancing out cardio and weight training for about 2 hours a day 5 days a week.

I'm not a very strong swimmer but i'm going to start taking lessons from a friend.

Event link is here.

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1339910

:helmet: I will be attending my first triathlon on June 2nd. I'm not looking to win but still stay competative.

I've been training unofficially since Febuary and I'm in pretty good shape now.

Any suggestions for me from the more experiences 'letes here?

I'm using a Performance mountain bike w/ road tires and I am borrowing a spring wet suit from a friend.

I've been balancing out cardio and weight training for about 2 hours a day 5 days a week.

I'm not a very strong swimmer but i'm going to start taking lessons from a friend.

Event link is here.

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1339910

I ran my first last year, and am doing 3 this year.

In reality you don't have a lot of time to improve performance. I'd start doing brick training immediately, which is doing combo swim/bike or bike/running one right after the other. No matter how good your cardio is your legs are not going to treat you right without brick training coming off the bike.

I'd do at least two bike/run combo workouts a week until the week of the race then don't do any four days prior to the race.

Make sure and drink water all day the day before the race. Don't get to caught up in eating lots of carbs like pasta. You don't need to "carb up" for a race that short. Eat a light breakfast two hours before race time.

I got lots more stuff if you want to PM as I'm in the middle of intense training. Or a good site to check out is www.beginnertriathlete.com

Archived