Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Thought on the Reported Interest in Bowe

3 Rings

I know that the Skins have been reported as interested in Dwayne Bowe, the WR from LSU, as have the Cowgirls. We reportedly went down to meet with him and brought along JC to throw to him. My thought is this....

Do you think that part of the reason we met with Jamarcus and with Bowe is to get some inside info on Bowe's weaknesses in case the Cowgirls do take him? For that matter, do you think that the FO makes mini-informants out of prospects' teammates in case we face them on the field someday? Or am I a conspiracy theorist and giving the FO too much credit here? It seems to me that should be part of our interviews....

Don't kill me....just throwing something out there for thought.....:gang:

I think its all smoke and mirrors but they are also preparing for all scenarios. I think they have planned out what they will do if offered to trade down all the way down to the middle of the draft where BOWE could possibly be on our board. I think they have prepared for almost every scenario this year. :D

I think you're def. onto something here. I absolutely think that our FO is doing this. They're taking advantage of the fact that they're allowed to make however many scheduled visits with the incoming rookie class. This allows them to make a folder about each player, which could be used in terms of scouting their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their personality traits. Further, all of the these players are eventually going to be free agents. This allows the Skins to get a grasp on not only what types of players these guys are, but also what type of people they are. Gibbs, the other night on Comcast, even mentioned this in reference to the Jamarcus Russell visit. I think that this is the first time in a long while where our FO is actually making some smart moves.

I think its all smoke and mirrors but they are also preparing for all scenarios. I think they have planned out what they will do if offered to trade down all the way down to the middle of the draft where BOWE could possibly be on our board. I think they have prepared for almost every scenario this year. :D

Yeah, I agree that our primary reason is in case of a trade-down. I am just wondering if the other thing is part of the process.

Yeah, I agree that our primary reason is in case of a trade-down. I am just wondering if the other thing is part of the process.

Well yea, we're def. not looking at Bowe at the 6th pick. If we trade down, I def. think that we could see him in burgundy and gold, which would not be such a terrible thing. As far as the other thing, it absolutely is a part of the process. Gibbs has even said as much about this. The Skins FO is being smart and doing their homework....wow, I just got the chills b/c I can't believe that I just wrote that sentence. Oh, they just said on the news that Hell has officially frozen over.

I think you're def. onto something here. I absolutely think that our FO is doing this. They're taking advantage of the fact that they're allowed to make however many scheduled visits with the incoming rookie class. This allows them to make a folder about each player, which could be used in terms of scouting their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their personality traits. Further, all of the these players are eventually going to be free agents. This allows the Skins to get a grasp on not only what types of players these guys are, but also what type of people they are. Gibbs, the other night on Comcast, even mentioned this in reference to the Jamarcus Russell visit. I think that this is the first time in a long while where our FO is actually making some smart moves.

Hey, who is that lady with that great tongue?

I know that the Skins have been reported as interested in Dwayne Bowe, the WR from LSU, as have the Cowgirls. We reportedly went down to meet with him and brought along JC to throw to him. My thought is this....

Do you think that part of the reason we met with Jamarcus and with Bowe is to get some inside info on Bowe's weaknesses in case the Cowgirls do take him? For that matter, do you think that the FO makes mini-informants out of prospects' teammates in case we face them on the field someday? Or am I a conspiracy theorist and giving the FO too much credit here? It seems to me that should be part of our interviews....

Don't kill me....just throwing something out there for thought.....:gang:

One icon says it all.....

:doh:

So the Redskins went to LSU. I wonder who they would be interested in down there.

Couldn't tell you for sure, but I think they have a decent QB, S, DT, and WR all projected in the 1st round. I have been known to be wrong on occasion, but rarely. ;)

Archived