Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comment on the officiating

Larry Brown #43

Why is it that when Wuerffel gets literally picked up and body-slammed, with his feet above his head, it doesn't get called, but Carl Powell gets called for tackling Collins on a clean play where Collins had barely gotten rid of the ball? If this only happened once, I'd chalk it up to coincidence. But this $hit happens every week! And we get nailed on those ludicrous taunting calls at critical times, too. Yet Joey Galloway is allowed to WALK for 5 yards into the endzone like a pretty little pea**** with no call. It's so arbitrary, and it sickens me that the refs have so much control over the outcome of the games. I don't trust them. Sure, if you commit 5 turnovers you don't deserve to win, but the refs are there to officiate a game, not to determine the outcome. :soapbox:

I dunno. The refs pretty much handed us a field goal at the end of the first half. I thought that call on Powell was a joke, and I'm not sure what McCants said that could possibly have been worse than Galloways little prancing bit or Shockey after pretty much any play he's involved in, but I didn't feel we were being especially picked on this week.

And the refs certainly didn't cost us the game. :(

This taunting BS is a call that needs to be clarified during the offseason. What exactly is taunting?? Seems a player can dance and trot around after a sack, but guys are being flagged for saying a few choice words to another player--doesn't make sense to me at all.

I also agree with the roughing the QB calls. They are way too inconsistent, sometimes they are so quick to throw the flag as they did with the Collins hit--which was a perfectly clean and legal hit by the way, and other times they look the other way as they did when Wuerffel was picked up and body slammed like he was in the WWE.

Originally posted by Henry

I dunno. The refs pretty much handed us a field goal at the end of the first half. I thought that call on Powell was a joke, and I'm not sure what McCants said that could possibly have been worse than Galloways little prancing bit or Shockey after pretty much any play he's involved in, but I didn't feel we were being especially picked on this week.

And the refs certainly didn't cost us the game. :(

Despite the fact that it gave Ramsey a chance to get into the game, weren't you a little put off by the no-call on the body-slam on Wuerffel? Then Powell gets flagged 15 yards for inviting Kerry Collins to a tea party. Two things bother me the most. First, the arbitrary nature of these calls. There's no consistency. Second, they always nail us at the most critical times. If they were called consistently, I couldn't complain. But the call on Powell gave the Giants life when we were shutting them down.

Archived