Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imperium Renewables stock?

shagman

Does anyone know if Imperium Renewables is publically traded? I know that they are building a HUGE biodiesel plant in Brazil, and will eventually be a major player in the biodiesel market. Ive tried to search but its come up empty on all fronts. Anyone ever heard of them before?

http://www.imperiumrenewables.com/index.html

How much could biodiesel change the outlook of our dependence on the middle east?

My friend works for Pimp My Ride, and she told me to look into it, but I cant find anything.

I'm in the general group with Rentech, which I own. Rentech is one of those stocks that will be worthless in five years, or, make you a million :). Imperium is known because it has Paul Allen's backing (and Buffet I believe). It has already received a lot of attention. And they are ambitious. The Washington plant will do 100 million gallons a year in an industry that had 75 million gallons capacity last year. Unfortunately Imperium is still private.

The good news is the venture firms that invested mean it will become public. Just a matter of time. You'll have to see the production costs fall a GREAT deal or OPEC will just cut prices by increasing supply and cut it out of the market altogether in the short term.

Rentech turns coal to liquids, rather than oils or fats like Imperium. America is the king of coal. A smart advertising executive gets ahold of Rentech by showing black and white pictures of coal miners with stuff all over them and belching black smoke out of coal plants, then cut to pictures of trees and flowers and frollicking children with a simple catch all like, "This isn't your father's coal."

This area of alternative energy appeals to me because the way America is doing ethanol won't work. Corn is too inefficient. Additionally, you have to change the piping, tankers and storage units for fuel if we convert big time. That will kill it. Stuff like Imperium or Rentech make products that use traditional storage and transport methods.

I'll buy in on the Imperium IPO when it hits :).

I'm in the general group with Rentech, which I own. Rentech is one of those stocks that will be worthless in five years, or, make you a million :). Imperium is known because it has Paul Allen's backing (and Buffet I believe). It has already received a lot of attention. And they are ambitious. The Washington plant will do 100 million gallons a year in an industry that had 75 million gallons capacity last year. Unfortunately Imperium is still private.

The good news is the venture firms that invested mean it will become public. Just a matter of time. You'll have to see the production costs fall a GREAT deal or OPEC will just cut prices by increasing supply and cut it out of the market altogether in the short term.

Rentech turns coal to liquids, rather than oils or fats like Imperium. America is the king of coal. A smart advertising executive gets ahold of Rentech by showing black and white pictures of coal miners with stuff all over them and belching black smoke out of coal plants, then cut to pictures of trees and flowers and frollicking children with a simple catch all like, "This isn't your father's coal."

This area of alternative energy appeals to me because the way America is doing ethanol won't work. Corn is too inefficient. Additionally, you have to change the piping, tankers and storage units for fuel if we convert big time. That will kill it. Stuff like Imperium or Rentech make products that use traditional storage and transport methods.

I'll buy in on the Imperium IPO when it hits :).

Thanks Art- I appreciate the knowledge on it. :applause: As always :cheers: .

I think that once this plant goes up in Brazil and they start to use Soy bean instead of the current palm oil, this company will begin to take off and so will biodiesel(hopefully at least).

Thanks Art- I appreciate the knowledge on it. :applause: As always :cheers: .

I think that once this plant goes up in Brazil and they start to use Soy bean instead of the current palm oil, this company will begin to take off and so will biodiesel(hopefully at least).

The Washington plant will go on first. The Brazil one and one other are further out I believe taking planned capacity to 300 million gallons per year. If they can keep their costs down long enough to refine the process, this could certainly be a big money maker.

Archived