Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if ramsey doesn't start, i'm done!!

jaydean

this year has been so frustrating. you hear things then you hear retractions. yes, i know sonny said that ramsey is starting the rest of the season. i know that spurrier made the same kind of comments. but, frankly folks, spurrier scares the hell out of me. it would be totally like him to come back on tuesday and say that after a day and a half of thinking, he thinks that matthews is going to start next week. or maybe that he tried signing billy kilmer to a short term contract to finish out the season. it's just so frustrating, just when you think think you have things figured out, spurrier goes the opposite direction. this serwanga thing stunned me last week.....now i'm waiting for a quarterback bombshell. if he starts anyone but ramsey, i'm done for the year, folks!!!

Actually Jaydean, spurrier has largely been exactly a man of his word.

He trusts his gut, and when he said weurfell would start weurfell started.

To begin this year he said mathews would start at the last second and stuck with him for the first three games.

SS'll change his mind, but he'll go with his gut. Lately his guts have been more right than many give him credit for.

-DB

Patrick's performance today reminded me of the Titan's game. I was not able to watch the game but I gathered from listening to it that the Giants defense was on its heals a little after he came in. As a result he had a little more time and the pass rush was not as intense. Maybe someone who saw the game can verify or refute that for me.

Anyway it will be interesting to see how he reacts when a team has a week to prepare for him. Last time it didn't work out so well.

Peet,

Patrick had the same pressure on him that DW did..... its just that he made more things happen with his arm than DW did. He shifted very well in the pocket and bought himself time when he needed to. The WRs let him down today with the fumbles and drops. IF we can get a line that allows him to keep doing this, then we will have a very fun offense to watch next year.

Thanks Blade. If he was actually creating time and opportunities on his own that is good news for sure. He will have to face some good defenses in the next three weeks. They will test his metal for sure. Hopefully the FO and coaches will have patience with him and let him learn on the job for the rest of the season.

This game kind of reminded me of the Giant game at FedEx a couple of years ago.

Johnson was just getting killed with pressure up the middle, then George came in and all of a sudden the pressure lessened and the offense started to move.

I hope this doesn't bode ill for Ramsey's future...:fortune:

Things did open up after Ramsey came in, because the Giants had to respect the fact that he can make throws that Woeful can't. Once the pressure came off the shot and mediium range stuff and they had to play the long stuff honest, the run started to work. Amazing how that works, isn't it? And I don't even make 5 mil a year.

Archived