Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about DSL and on-line gaming

War Paint

Right now I'm looking at three different DSL packages, each with different speeds. The $25 per month package is 1.5 Mbps. The $35 is 3.0 Mbps. The $45 is 5.0 Mbps. Basically what my question is what speed is good for World of Warcraft and other on-line games? I was looking at the $35 at 3.0 Mbps package. What is recommended? I don't download many files, so I don't care about the fastest download speeds. I just want to game smoothly. Is the 1.5 Mbps fast enough for on-line gaming?

Right now I'm looking at three different DSL packages, each with different speeds. The $25 per month package is 1.5 Mbps. The $35 is 3.0 Mbps. The $45 is 5.0 Mbps. Basically what my question is what speed is good for World of Warcraft and other on-line games? I was looking at the $35 at 3.0 Mbps package. What is recommended? I don't download many files, so I don't care about the fastest download speeds. I just want to game smoothly. Is the 1.5 Mbps fast enough for on-line gaming?

The slowest speed is plenty fast, quite fast enough for WoW or anything like it. The only way more speed would make a difference is if you are a serious, serious player in a high end first person shooter game, where you can exploit terrain by the millisecond. Save your money.

Well for starters, as mentioned above, if you're only playing WOW, I wouldn't worry too much about more than the minimum. When you're talking about gaming, it's your upload speed that is the most important, and I'm willing to bet each of those packages offers the same. I'd go for the 1.5mbps.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the 3.0 Mbps package. I'm new to the on-line gaming, so I wasn't sure what I needed. I guess the $10 extra bucks for twice the speed will benefit me in regards to watching videos on Redskins. com and you tube. Thanks for the info guys.

Archived