Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs does not believe the Dline is a problem (theory)

D-Day

Unlike many here, I don't think Gibbs and Williams are blind, drooling old fools who can't see the large bold print on the page in front of them. They know as well as anyone else they need to add quality youth/depth on the DL as well as lock down what they want to do at SS.

If they stay at 6 though, they'll not be able to do both.

If they use that pick, it will be after they've spend weeks analyzing the best players coming out at those (and other) positions, and based on their grading of them, decide which is the best value for the team, taking into consideration both those players AND the players already on the roster.

Me, frankly I'd be pretty tickled to land either a FS like Landry who is being projected as a career stud OR a guy like Adams or Okoye or Anderson (or whichever DL the team thinks is the best fit HERE) to add some meat and power to the line.

But I'm silly that way.

I have felt the exact same way all along. I of course would love a trade down, hate any trade up, and be satisfied if we went DL or LL at six.

The flip side of that ideal is that we haven't concentrated on D-line in the offseason b/c we will likely pick one in the draft. I don't think anyone really knows what we're going to do w/ the exception of the staff, and I think that's the way it should be. They've got everyone guessing for once in their life. Good not to be so predictable. I'd rather get rid of the 6th and add more picks. We don't need Landry, but he'd be a nice pick either way IMO. Nice post :)

HTTR

Archived