Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More wild speculation...

Hog Fever

The other post about QB’s and the list of next years free agents has started me thinking about a possible free agent acquisition for next year..........Shaun King. Good arm strength, mobile. He seems to have all the tools. Don’t know how he might fit in to the picture but he sounds just like what SS said he was looking for a few weeks back. Just a thought.

(puts on helmet and prepares to be beaten down by the other Redskin faithful) :hammer:

King never got a square shot in Tampa. He was a #2 pick and was thrown the wolves right away with little room for error. He finished with 18 tds and only 12 ints and took the Bucs to the title game in 1999.

now I am not suggesting HE got the team there because the defense was clearly the driving force that year for the Bucs, but King had a definite presence for a rookie.

and he deserved to come back and receive some coaching and a chance to continue to improve.

instead the Bucs panicked and went on a quarterback binge that netted them ZERO playoff wins since that 1999 season.

all that said, the time for the Skins to pick up King would have been BEFORE last year's draft. With Ramsey on board I think you have to figure the Skins have their man.

Or if not, they should have traded him to the Bears and worked to get their top draft choice in 2003. As it turns out at 3-8 that Bears pick would probably have netted us a true franchise talent.

I think Ramsey showed the live arm, physical toughness and competitive nature you need to see in a player you are making a large investment of time and money in.

No, the time for King has passed, at least for the Skins.

But King could very well resurface somewhere else and make the Bucs regret their short-sighted moves by the front office :)

You can sign king and still trade Patrick.

I think 2003 could be worse than 2002 if we go with untested guys, as they learn to play in the NFL-along with Patrick.

I'm starting to want a veteran QB in there and let Patrick sit and learn or trade him and then drafted someone else to sit and learn.

Rdskns2000 - Why the hell would you sign King and trade Ramsey? Or even worse trade Ramsey and draft another QB? Wouldn't that be starting from ground zero AGAIN? Ramsey already has had a year to learn the system and we know he has the talent.

I just don't see the logic in your thinking.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Rdskns2000 - Why the hell would you sign King and trade Ramsey? Or even worse trade Ramsey and draft another QB? Wouldn't that be starting from ground zero AGAIN? Ramsey already has had a year to learn the system and we know he has the talent.

I just don't see the logic in your thinking.

WE are almost starting from ground zero anyway. I'll post on this in another post.

I think the ideal situation is to obviously hold on to patrick ramsey.

Wuerffal probably should at least compete for the job next year with ramsey.

Mathews has to go. He just plain sucks.

Either draft a QB in the rounds between 4th and 7th or sign one cheap in FA.

Or both wouldn't be bad, so we could have 4 qb's in training camp.

But,mathews has to go!that's for sure.

Archived