Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Winds

morpheusmeyers

The Skins by all accounts have had a quiet offseason. They've signed Fletcher and Smoot, and that's about it.

But they've made the headlines with numerous potential trades. #6 for Briggs and #31. #6 for New England's #24 and #28. #6 for Asante Samuel and #28. #6 and Betts for the Cleveland's #3 and a 3rd rounder. #6 to Atlanta. And on and on.

Dan Snyder loves making the offseason headlines. But maybe the Skins are finally getting smart and are planning on keeping the #6 unless an offer comes their way they simply can't refuse.

Laron Landry at #6 would be a great move. And it would surprise teams like Atlanta, perhaps forcing them into a desperate trade offer while on the clock that would allow the Skins their choice of defensive players on the board (Anderson, Branch, and maybe Okoye), while stockpiling extra draft picks.

And if an unbelievable trade offer doesn't materialize, then the Skins stick with Landry who would make a tremendous safety combo with Sean Taylor.

I keep hearing the Skins like Okoye and Branch, but is Landry a real possibility? Remember three years ago most people thought the Skins would draft Kellen Winslow. Thoughts?

good post, I totally agree with this type of thinking. Though the draft is always a crap-shoot. But even though I think we have a lot of options at #6, if the potential is there to get a player that is a rare athlete, grab him. I like more and more what I see of Landry ... and I belive he could become a starter very early in his career. I just think we could get buy for one more season on a Fred Smoot/Carlos Rogers/Shawn Springs starting CB tandem, and if we had someone as athletic and instinctive as Landry lined up next to Taylor we might be very formidable in the passing game (I know, I know it all starts up front).

And if we can trade him, great ... move down and grab a DT or DE with those picks.

Archived