Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Redskins in 2007

Sherlock Holmes

Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while, it seems that after the dissapointment of last season I needed a break from it all. A break from the crazy off-season at least. However, suprisingly, it hasn't been that crazy has it?

A solid upgrade at the MLB position ( in my opinion anyway, Fletcher seems to be a tackling machine, just what we need to sure up the second level run defense? ).

A free agent Cornerback signing, a position which in my opinion has been overlooked severly the last couple seasons. It is frequently debated whether good coverage from the secondary will give the d-line time to get to the quarterback, or whether constant pressure from the d-line will force the QB into making mistakes which our secondary can capitalise on. Both are true, and both were need positions for us this offseason. Smoot has smoothed over the secondary cracks at least.

I'm happy that Gibbs/Williams were sensible and let AA go. It would have been silly to " stick by their guns " and keep him here for fear of embarresment that it didn't work out.

If the Briggs trade doesn't happen then all will be good for me this offseason. I honestly would much rather us stay at no.6 in the draft and pick up the best available d-lineman ( whoever that may be ). That would cap off a sensible and well managed offseason :D

:cheers:

Well put I agree with everything you said. I don’t think we need Lance Briggs. I think trading for Briggs puts a slap in McIntosh’s face. LF is a good pick up, granted he’s a bit older he might be able to guide and teach Rocky in a top LB we all want him to be. I think even though MW is coming off surgery he will still be a powerhouse like he has in the past. If we could just help out the Dline in the draft or FA, it will open up some many more doors for our Defense. We apply pressure to the Qb and stop the run it just opens up everything for the D. I feel the skins have managed a pretty good off-season and feel like we are taking a much more concerned and smarter approach.

Jason Campbell=Success

Gibbs first season 2004 6-10, Gibbs second season 2005 10-6, Gibbs third season 2006 5-11, Gibbs forth season 2007 11-5, see a pattern HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Hi guys,

If the Briggs trade doesn't happen then all will be good for me this offseason. I honestly would much rather us stay at no.6 in the draft and pick up the best available d-lineman ( whoever that may be ). That would cap off a sensible and well managed offseason :D

:cheers:

that is the trick. will we do it?....... unlikely dan always wants to make a splash in FA

I agree with most everything you said. I'd trade down if a good trade became available though. Picking up a second with a deep defensive draft class would be huge. There are no true standouts in this defensive draft class but a lot of people that could be good.

I agree with most everything you said. I'd trade down if a good trade became available though. Picking up a second with a deep defensive draft class would be huge. There are no true standouts in this defensive draft class but a lot of people that could be good.

That's a good point also. If we could trade down and pick up 2 defensive lineman instead of " potentially blowing " our 6th pick on one guy, I would take that.

We had a somewhat quiet offseason for several reasons the money blown last year, Spring thankfully not taking a paycut preventing the early splash, other teams having money to set the market ridiculously high for the name players and players wanting to "play for a winner" according to beatwriter comments on WTEM.

Lets see if the team has the sense to keep the pick and on draft day wheel and deal down a few spots and still address the D line position and get picks.

And I'll air my response to the PM I received if it came down to trading for Briggs or taking CJ (there is no none of the above option)at 6, I'd draft C Johnson. but there is no way he'll be there

I agree with everything expect one. I think that we should trade down in the draft. Move somewhere in the early to mid teen (hopefully), stockpile some more picks and adreess the D-line there (you can still get a really good D-linemen there), then address the LG and well as the secondary a little more.

The Briggs trade is probably all smoke and mirrors. We won't really know what our team's going to do until the 28th.

Nope..not smoke and mirrors this time. It reeks of a twitchy Snyder HO for 'named' players. We would have went through with the trade if Chicago accepted but they don't want the 6th pick because they are cheap asses and its the least 'efficient' pick as far as quality of player/pay this year.

Another reason CHI didn't go through w/the trade is they found out (like we did) that no one wanted to trade up for the #6 pick.

I hope we can trade down, but I think the only viable scenario is if Quinn is picked by CLE, & BUF or some other team gets anxious about Minnesota picking A. Peterson.

Ok then, it seems that there's a lot of support for trading down. IF (!) the Briggs trade went ahead, and we picked up the Bears number 31 first rounder, who would be the most likely pick from there?

Justin Harrell DT from Tennessee

I'm a big fan of this guy but his stock has been rising slowly. So to think that he will be there by the end of the first round might be wishful thinking.

We need to walk away from this Briggs deal NOW! The time has come to send a message. If we throw in another pick/player...we will continue to be abused when it comes to trades! Gibbs has to send a message now....and thats IMO!

Archived