Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars Wideout Arrested for Stolen Gun

CM916

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6561630?MSNHPHMA

"TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Charles Sharon was charged with stealing a handgun that police said was found under the seat of the player's sport utility vehicle during a drug-related search.

Sharon and a companion were arrested Saturday night after a Tampa police officer noticed the odor of marijuana coming from Sharon's SUV parked in the Ybor City entertainment district, a police report said. A search of the vehicle turned up a Glock Model 27 handgun under the driver's seat. Tampa police reported that the gun was stolen last year from a federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent in Putnam County, but an ATF spokesman said Monday that the weapon belonged to an agent of the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.

Sharon was charged with grand theft of a firearm and carrying a concealed firearm, both felonies. He was released Sunday morning after paying a $4,000 bond, jail records showed."

Ybor is a bad place to get busted, at least six people go down for underaged drinking alone every time my college has a party there. I stear clear of it myself. There's also a good chance of getting mugged if you leave the main street.

Sounds like Darwin at work. Really, having a stolen gun while smoking hooch in a bad neighborhood is just begging for trouble. I have no idea if he actually stole the gun or just had it in his possession, but the fact that it was a stolen LE gun just adds to the pile.

I just figured this went along with the continued misadventures of Pacman. The little guys can throw away their oppurtunity and give the NFL a bad name too.

Adding to the Darwin effect, I should add that the place is literally crawling with police, many of them undercover. They get boatloads of drunks and druggies nightly.

Ybor is a bad place to get busted, at least six people go down for underaged drinking alone every time my college has a party there. I stear clear of it myself. There's also a good chance of getting mugged if you leave the main street.
I went to University of South Florida last year and Ybor was a nightmare the few times I ventured down there- in fact I was almost mugged (or maybe worse) myself by some dude who really wanted me to get into his black SUV with him. Not at all a place to screw around, or get caught screwing around.

The NFL in the last year or so has really been stepping up its own crime rate, of course the Bengals account for a lot of that themselves, but jeez, this is really starting to get out of control. Pacman's most recent controversy has raised talk of certain league punishments for stuff like this and I think it's about time they really start to crack down. This guy's a freaking idiot though.

Archived