Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we should re-sign Yoder

RWJ

Yoder was resigned acording to Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...7031301457.html

PRO FOOTBALL

Redskins, Tight End Yoder Agree to Contract Terms

Wednesday, March 14, 2007; Page E02

The Washington Redskins agreed to contract terms with free agent tight end Todd Yoder, according to his agent, Tim Irwin, making him a leading candidate to serve as Chris Cooley's primary backup.

The three-year deal, with base salaries believed to be near the veteran minimum, is likely to be announced by the team in the coming days and ends weeks of conversations between the sides.

Buy This Photo

Todd Yoder, who caught a touchdown against the Redskins in 2003 while with Tampa Bay, agreed to a deal to spend a second season in Washington. (By John Mcdonnell -- The Washington Post)

THE OFFSEASON

Starter Jason Campbell will get an offseason education at the Redskins version of quarterback school.

The Redskins agree to contract terms with free agent tight end Todd Yoder.

After one unproductive season as a Redskin, T.J. Duckett signs with the Detroit Lions.

The Redskins sign offensive lineman Ross Tucker but are still searching for Derrick Dockery's replacement.

The Redskins release kicker John Hall and save nearly $1.5 million on the salary cap.

The Redskins are in hot pursuit of cornerback Dre Bly and remain in constant trade talks with the Denver Broncos.

Fred Smoot is happy to be a Redskin again and acknowledges making a mistake in leaving after the 2004 season.

THE LOST SEASON

Part III: Assistant head coach for defense Gregg Williams presides over a Redskins' defense that falls flat on its face in 2006.

Part II: Coach Joe Gibbs handpicked Al Saunders to update the Redskins' offense, but their dueling philosophies created tension.

Part I: By choosing to bring in high-priced free agents and letting several key players leave, the Redskins have alienated many team members.

REDSKINS INSIDER

The Post's Jason La Canfora updates the latest Redskins' news -- only on washingtonpost.com.

AT THE GAME

Ex-Redskins Pro Bowl linebacker Ken Harvey offers in-game analysis -- only on washingtonpost.com.

BASICS

Schedule

Roster

Depth chart

Statistics

Transactions

E-MAIL NEWSLETTER

Looking for Redskins coverage you can't find anywhere else? Sign up for our free e-mail newsletter.

NFL INSIDER

The Post's Mark Maske on all things NFL -- only on washingtonpost.com.

Save & Share Article What's This?

DiggGoogle

del.icio.usYahoo!

RedditFacebook

Yoder, who turns 29 next week, was signed by Washington last September and assumed a larger role in the second half of the season after a season-ending injury to tight end Christian Fauria. Yoder missed all of 2005 because of a knee injury. He entered the league in 2000 with Tampa Bay as an undrafted free agent out of Vanderbilt.

Yoder caught his only pass in Washington's 10th game last season -- a touchdown from Jason Campbell at Tampa Bay-- but at 6 feet 4, 262 pounds, filled a blocking role in two-tight end formations.

Yoder has 29 catches for 304 yards and 3 touchdowns in his career. The Redskins could still look for additional talent at tight end, as the club hopes to get Cooley even more involved in the downfield passing attack next season.

The Redskins are continuing to monitor veteran free agent offensive linemen after the departure of starting left guard Derrick Dockery, but few proven players remain on the market.

-- Jason La Canfora

Cooley is the only TE on the roster at the moment isn't he? Kozlowski and Fauria were cut. Yoder remains unsigned. Sellers is listed as a FB but can play TE. Oh wait, we have Eric Edwards, formerly of the Cardinals.............knew there was some hope in case Yoder moves on :)

You're kidding Faurie was cut? And remeber Kozloski dropped 6 in Dallas. Yep, during the 04 season, at Dallas yep it was a curl route

He was out for the entire 2005 year and he did a good job of blocking and when he is in the redzone does a good job or catching the ball. I don't think we should pursue any of the FA TE and just bring him back onboard for a 3 yr. deal. Thoughts everyone.

Good call!!!:applause:

Yoder is a beast in madden.

I remember i ran back a special teams touchdown, can't quite remember which one and when i watched the replay Yoder pancaked 4 people on the way up the field.

i love all these madden references.

mainly because they're true. hehe

Archived